Dialysis, anyone? Aiming for the transplant list!

Options
Hello, everyone! My name is Hester and I'm a 50-yr-old grandmother with a hereditary kidney disease. The nurse practitioner at my nephrologist's office (and dialysis clinic) led me to MFP...and she has my sign-in information so she can spy on me :D …I won't call her out, but she really does work to keep me on track. I attend hemodialysis 3x a week for 4 hour sessions, and it's not very entertaining, but I keep myself busy on my laptop most of the time. In order for me to begin the process of getting listed on the transplant list, I MUST lose 50 lbs. I'm actually shooting for more.

MFP has really made me aware of nutrition, and while only being on this site for a month now, I have been seriously paying more attention to what I eat. (Don't forget...I DO have a little angel o:) on my shoulder that spies on me, so that helps!) But honestly, I have been second guessing a lot of the different foods I eat, and I'm swapping them for more healthy choices. The way I feel has totally made a 180 degree turn. I'm grateful for my NP...AMY WILLIAMS...for directing me to joing this site, and I'm looking forward to making friends along the way to my acceptance on a transplant list!

Replies

• tcalamity
    tcalamity Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you've found mfp helpful and I wish you the best for the transplant list.