What’s your favourite music at the gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I'm a Baby Boomer. I grew up in the 60's, so I love the oldies like: Beatles, Mama's and Papa's, Beach Boys, Herman's Hermits, etc. I also like soundtracks of movies like "Funny Girl". I prefer music with a somewhat rapid beat so I will work harder when I am at the gym.
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Metallica and Justice for All or Mater of Puppets most of the time. Sometime I mix it up with SirusXM Octane or liquid metal channels.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Anything EDM. Armin Van Buuren, David Guetta, Markus Schulz, Cosmic Gate, Tiestö, Afrojack,
    Vini Vici just to name a few.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I’ve had to start listening to ambient/atmospheric/new-agey stuff (Dan Gibson, Jeremy Soule, etc) when I go to the gym. Found that the music one would usually expect at a gym was stressing me out, both as a distraction as well as feeding ocd behaviours.
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been doing classic rock workout mix lately. Like it pretty loud.
  • chsberthelot2934
    chsberthelot2934 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Rock, like disturbed, breaking benjamin, shinedown, all that good stuff!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Who is the crumudgeon that disagreed with all the music posts they didn’t like? 🤣 Dear lord.
  • LionheartWest
    LionheartWest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It'll sound strange, but wrestling themes are great at the gym since they are designed to pump people up upon hearing them. For instance:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=n787HRDr5Zk
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @gt0186b Seek and Distroy is on my weight lifting playlist, love that song! The whole Master of Puppets album is great, love early Metallica.