Low carb

Options
I lose weight better by doing low carb so I am going to try it again. However, I can't eat eggs in the morning because they make me sick. They have always upset my stomach. I work a full time job and usually eat a pack of cheese and peanut butter crackers and water (yes, I know those are not low carb). I am needing suggestions of what I can fix or bring or buy to substitute the crackers and without being eggs but filling. Thanks.

Replies

• Becky03026847
    Becky03026847 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I also have POS which makes it harder to lose.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Go toyoutube- lots of low carb ideas- go to pintrest- again tons of low carb ideas-
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There are a % of PCOS sufferers that benefit from low carb.

Protein, fiber, and fat are filling components.

Greek yogurt or cottage cheese and berries. Veggies dippers with Greek yogurt dill dip. Low carb tortillas, luncheon meat, or lettuce can be used for wraps. Peanut better and celery. It really doesn't need to be breakfast food.
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Cooked ground beef with cabbage and other low carb veggies, seasoned with whatever you like
    Turkey burger patties with avocado and tomato salad
    Lettuce wrap sandwiches
    Smoothie with canned coconut milk, collagen powder or protein powder, low carb berries, hemp seeds
    greek yogurt with nut "granola" and berries
    Chicken salad lettuce wraps
    Bulletproof coffee
    Cobb salad minus the egg
    Keto bread with peanut butter
  • rosegreen12
    rosegreen12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For one thing, although I also get sick eating eggs, I've found that for me, making sure the eggs were very well cooked often made a difference. The posters above have a lot of ideas for you if that doesn't work. I have fallen back on Atkins high protein bars and a spoonful of peanut or almond butter.Now I'm trying full fat plain yogurt with a little bit of the lowest carb granola I can find.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    Options
    Avocado, tofu scramble, nut butters
    I make an avocado and protein smoothie-
    3 cups spring mix, mixed greens
    4 Tablespoons avocado
    1 scoop unsweetened pea protein
    1tsp chia
    1 tsp flax
    4 Oz almond milk
    sometimes- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cacao
    1 tsp Glucomannan powder (fiber)
    You can use alternatives of your choice of course
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You can always skip breakfast, but i usually go with a cup of greek yogurt and 1/2 scoop protein powder with a side of berries. Very low calorie, high protein and very filling. You can always do cheese and nuts as well. I also like doing smoked salmon with cream cheese and capers or will do caprese. One of my favorites also is a chia pudding
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Scrambled tofu or Greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of honey and some slivered nuts and berries
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Full fat Greek yogurt add berries/chia seeds/nuts to your preference.
    Veggies and cheese cubes.
    Smoothie with protein powder, tbsp or two of heavy cream, spinach, berries and water. I ran out of frozen berries and bananas one day but really wanted a thick, milkshake like smoothie. Looking through my freezer I found an abundance of frozen cauliflower. I gave it a shot and it added the thickness with few carbs and the berries I did have on hand hid the flavour of the cauliflower well.
    Precooked sausage or patty of meat with melted cheese on top.

I love eggs. When I am eating keto/low carb I have no problem incorporating them. Is it just fried/scrambled egg options that don’t agree with you? I often have a dozen boiled eggs in my fridge. So easy to grab on on the run.
  • Smitty819
    Smitty819 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goto is low carb granola and maybe a cup of almond milk. There are several low carb/keto options out there.. Check out Amazon. The one I'm trying now is Livlo granolo.. 0 net carbs.
  • kleebish1225
    kleebish1225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also have PCOS, although I am post menopause now. Got off sugar completely about 5 weeks ago and I feel like a new person. I am finding my hunger levels are much less radical now, but for breakfast I go for a 1/4 cup almonds with tea, or a Turkish breakfast (tomato, cuke, olives and feta.) Even just a 50 calorie homemade "fat bomb" can get me thru to lunch now. Good luck and I think low carb will really help with the PCOS.