COVID-19 & The Gym

Derpes
Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
Has the Coronavirus outbreak altered your gym routine?

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    No not at all. I’m getting ready to go there in ten minutes
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Yes.

It has made it better.

Leg Day yesterday was great because the gym was half empty and only the folks serious about training were there.

The whole "Sit on my *kitten* and look at my smartphone" crowd stayed away.

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Yes.

It has made it better.

Leg Day yesterday was great because the gym was half empty and only the folks serious about training were there.

Wait is it frowned upon to look at your phone between sets ?? Damn - I’m the dude peeps are making fun of - son of a ...
  • sewelld8
    sewelld8 Posts: 1 Member
    Nope, just make sure to use my sanitizer.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Yes.

It has made it better.

Wait is it frowned upon to look at your phone between sets ?? Damn - I’m the dude peeps are making fun of - son of a ...

If you're actually doing sets and not looking at your phone for 10 minutes without letting anyone work-in; no worries.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    No. I wipe down all the machines before and after I use them. I go in at night so theres not many people around anyway.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Right now no since I workout at home. With the kids home from school it might be more challenging with distractions but no different than on a weekend.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Great I was wondering about this too. I am going to keep going just be diligent with cleaning machines and my hands...sitting around watching news coverage is draining
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Yes.

It has made it better.

If you're actually doing sets and not looking at your phone for 10 minutes without letting anyone work-in; no worries.

Phew - I’m good - I set a timer with 1.5 to 3 minute rest periods - just feel awkward walking around or standing around so the phone is used in that regard - I also track reps and weight and what not on the strong app
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Only thing it has changed is I wipe down stuff more before using. Like the handles of weights, pull up bars etc.