flatter stomach??

Options
I've been eater better, alot less, and exercising a ton!! ive lost some pounds but i want to flatten my stomach and i feel like thats not working...what foods/excercises will flatten a stomach?! thanksss

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    tons of clean heathlyfoods. Tons of veggies and cardio along with ab training. You can not spot reduce. Most of the time your trouble zone is the last thing to go
  • pegglesw
    Options
    Unfortunately you can not spot lose. You have to keep up the exercise and sooner or later the fat will melt on
    your tummy. I wish we could burn fat where we wanted though... : )
  • farids
    Options
    There a couple issues with flattening your stomach.
    1. You want to lose fat - you can't target fat loss, so if you are doing cardio keep doing it.
    2. You want to tone your abs - are you doing any kind of ab work? Sit-ups, crunches? This would go a long way in toning up ur abs and flattening your stomach.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    tons of clean heathlyfoods. Tons of veggies and cardio along with ab training. You can not spot reduce. Most of the time your trouble zone is the last thing to go

What she said. :) Although, you can "appear" to have a flatter stomach by improving your posture. Start by strengthening your core (back & abs)!
  • stef8986
    Options
    thanks guys....yea i been eating a lot less & healthier and doing tons of cardio and ab exercsies...so hopefully ill loose my tummy lol
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    I already lost my boobs. Tummy can't be far behind, right? lol
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to lose some of my boobs. I think they actually look bigger now that the rest of me has gotten smaller.
  • jfhaskell
    Options
    Be careful about cutting back your calories too much and doing a ton of cardio. Your body will naturally turn to burning what muscle mass you currently have and lower your resting metabolic rate. In effect you will sabotage your efforts. It probably took you a while to get to the point you are at now so don't expect changes overnight. Stay consistant and keep resistance training and adaquate quality calories in mind when you are creating your workout routines. A flatter stomach and six pack is an effect of overall lower body fat percentage.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Don't neglect your lower back muscles. All ab training will produce a muscle imbalance and even if your stomach could be flat, it won't be. Crunches are not really that helpful. Do planks, side planks (for more difficulty do them on a stability ball), stability ball jack knifes, stability ball roll outs, bird dogs, good mornings (without weight) and more will strengthen the muscles. You can sign up for a pretty good free ab workout here http://turbulencetrainingforabs.com/
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I've been told the following: Grains cause belly fat so choose low carb veggies and fruits for your carbs. I do eat a small amount of brown rice to keep from becoming constapated. Cut out diet drinks the fiz bloats us. Drink lots of water. Combine strength training with cardio. Your problem area is the last to go, but stick with it and you'll get there!
  • kathytexas
    Options
    My boobs were the first area to lose. :ohwell:
  • stef8986
    Options
    what are the best low carb fruits and veggies to eat???
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Just google low carb fruits and veggies and you'll find a whole list of them, good luck!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Crunches and sit up strengthen the abs, twisting ab workouts slims the waist.

Ab workouts are good, but so are core workouts. Core workouts helps with the posture. You need your back to be strong too.
  • brynniebo
    brynniebo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks for asking this question.... I've been wondering the same. All the advice is good....... I too am working on losing the belly..... I do cardio 5 days a week coupled with some strength training.... I try to do tummy crunches 5 days as well. I am determined to lose the belly.......
  • quanta
    Options
    I have been eating very clean and low carb (around 20-30 g/day with no calorie restriction) and the pounds are slowly coming off. Exercise is wonderful for improving the appearance of your abs once the layer of fat is sufficiently reduced. I am 5'3" and I am now starting to see mine at 110lbs without exercise, to give you an idea of what kind of weight this can happen. If I weight trained and had more muscle mass, they would show at a higher weight. I do have a flat stomach, but I also attribute it partially to genes. Some people will never be able to achieve a flat stomach for that reason without being seriously underweight or with a dangerously low body fat percentage.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    abominal crunches are great for toning up your stomach :)
    x
  • CGSW4
    CGSW4 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have exactly the same issue and for me stomach cruches, eating 6 times a day, lots of cardio (kick boxing and eliptical, some running) and reduction of calories
    Noticed its starting to tone up ....