New, nervous and I want a cheat meal already! πŸ˜…

Options
nafeesayub
nafeesayub Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2020 in Getting Started
Hey there. πŸ‘€ My name's Nafeesa. So, I'm new to the app and calorie counting in general. I'm 26 (for another week! 😁), 5 ft 3 and my weight is 19 stones. My goal is to lose weight, ideally approx. 6/ 7stones (overall). I guess I'm just looking for *any and all* motivation/ support/ guidance please! Thank you. 😊 Ps. I suffer from depression and bulimia so losing weight can/ will be a tad more difficult for me. However, 3 years ago I did lose 3.5 stones so I know I can do it! πŸ’ͺ🏽

Replies

• rhopar33
    rhopar33 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This app is wonderful and you will be successful! Desiring a cheat meal is normal. But, you have to remember, reducing caloric intake in critical if you expect to lose weight. I follow a strict diet plan and have lost 22 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks. Here recently I decided to treat myself to a β€œsmall” cheat meal. I did not overdo to and I was down an additional .4 the next morning. We are human. If you have 2 bad days on your diet, that means you had 5 good days and you are progressing. I learned not to beat myself up and just take it one day at a time. Good luck to you on this journey!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Welcome! First and foremost, please make sure your depression and ED are being sufficiently controlled. That will make all the difference. Work closely with your doctor (hopefully he/she is helpful and supportive).

I'm a big fan of working whatever I want into my plan, within reason. "Cheat" days/meals aren't necessary. It's a just shift in mental attitude toward food, from "this is bad and I shouldn't be having it but I want it" to "I can fit this treat into my overall plan without compromising myself and there is nothing to feel guilty about."
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    "Food is not the boss of me" :smile: Make sure your deficit is moderate - it's not a race to lose 6/7 stones in the shortest time possible. Look at your nutrition and eat enough protein and fat, get micro nutrients, and at the same time realize that not everything that you eat has to fall into the "optimal nutrition" category unless you enjoy that way of thinking/eating. If you have foods that trigger binging, it would probably be best to keep them out of the house at this time. It would be helpful to have support as you recover from depression and bulimia, too. I would advise getting away from using "cheat" because that term alone can trigger shame and despair. Scale weight loss is never a straight line (especially true if you are a menstruating female) - so many factors affect what the scale says that are unrelated to actual "fat" and so expect the fluctuations to go both directions. What you are wanting to see is a trend downward over several weeks' time. You can do this!