my daughter

Options
I realized today that I've been successful in something. Part of my goal has been to raise my daughter to eat and enjoy healthy foods so she doesn't have the same issues with food I've had. This has been my goal since I found out I was pregnant with her. She's now four years old and loves a variety of foods, and while she likes junk, as we all probably do, she loves her fruits and veggies, often fruit over cookies. I didn't realize just how good she was doing until this morning though. I gave her the choice of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, or PLAIN Shredded Wheat. She chose the shredded wheat, did not want any sugar on it, and she LOVED it.
I consider this my NSV for the day - made me very proud :)

Replies

• theBabycakes
    theBabycakes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good girl! I have a five year old daughter, and she is also my inspiration to be a good role model and change my bad eating habits. :)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Smart girls! Both of you!!
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    that's awesome. WTG!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    thats wonderful you must be so proud :) x
  • Leola2011
    Options
    You should celebrate! Go on a special and spontaneous Mommy-daughter outing today (inexpensive, of course)! :happy:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    That's so great! And I think it's good that you giver her the choice instead of forcing her to eat something healthy. She has the option to still eat something else. She obviously doesn't need the option though :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I love it! My son chooses Cherrios over other cereals and he requests it by calling it "Heart Healthy!" And then just this morning he woke up, went potty and came out and said, "Now I need some protein!"
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I bet you are so proud. My H is constantly trying to push desserts like cake, cookies, and ice cream on our 2 1/2 year old and is appalled that he won't try them. I'm thrilled he's content to have his veggies and some fruit for dessert.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Teaching a child to make good choices on there own is the best gift a mother can give.
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!! You should be so proud of her and you!! Enjoy the weekend and your beautiful daughter :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!