What happens when you walk 100,000 steps in one day?

One man decided to find out

menshealth.com: Here's What Walking 100,000 Steps in Just One Day Did to This Guy's Body.
https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a31626980/walking-100000-steps-one-day-cardio-youtube/

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    did 40000 in a day, shin splints from hell.....
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    I did over 40,000 exploring Boston a few years ago. The only issue I had were giant blisters on both feet 😮
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Personal record is a little over 28k steps in about four hours. Went through about two litres of water during, and another four throughout the rest of the day, and pretty sure I had a focal seizure during the last half hour. Surprisingly the only pain was the usual muscle exhaustion I get at work. Want to hit 50k this speing when the snow and puddles are gone, but doibt I’ll push past that.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I’ve hit 45,000 but never 50,000.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Most Ive done is a lil over 30k steps in a day
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    That's like 45-50 miles. How do you do that in a day?
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    He says in the beginning of the video that he is used to walking, but he seemed a bit unprepared, to be honest. My daily average is 11k steps, outside, and I never had the blisters and bruises he had at his first stop. I never had to change socks. I don't wear any special fancy shoewear, just regular sneakers (which I probably shouldn't, dunno). My PR is 32k steps. By then I start to get a bit sore, but that's it.

I probably wouldn't attempt 100k, though. It sounds excessive to me.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Is a night goat different from a day goat?

🙋this...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Every time I visit London I do about 20-30km per day. My steps are small (I’m not tall) and guess it’s around 30-40k steps. No problem.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    fga57zaa34la.png

(I was just logging Saturday's walk, but didn't bother changing the date so pardon my messy editing tools).

I did it in my down at heel Saucony Redeemers that I ditched for new Brooks Arial 20s on the 15th. Just a little tired that evening.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Get-Moving/How-can-a-person-average-80-000-steps-in-a-day/td-p/174603/highlight/true

For your entertainment :) Ongoing (for years) Fitbit community thread exploring whether it's possible to average 80000 steps a day. It's long, rambling, in places rude and an excellent read while you're cooped up at home pondering such random questions!