Personalized Inspirational Poster

Options
Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. Go for it.
especially yourself...

I like to have motivation that I can see when I need a boost to keep me going in my healthy new lifestyle, when my 'old' unhealthy lifestyle tries to sneak back inside my head. I decided to make an inspirational poster just for me.

As far as an inspirational poster, I made one by going through fitness and health magazines and cutting out phrases from the advertisements in them, such as "I refuse to surrender", "Exhale...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.", "What do you do when you have just experienced the best workout of your life? Do it again." and made a collage of motivation for me. You can make it as large or small as you need. I actually keep my original at home, but I copied it on my color scanner, so I have one at work too, for only me to see. It really helps me, especially on those frustrating days.
On days I may just not wanna' do anything, I can't help but see this poster staring at me, (literally-I taped it inside my bathroom medicine cabinet), and then I know that I can do it---and do.

Replies

• joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I might have to do that :)
  • nanalana
    Options
    Thank you for being an inspiration to me. I'm going to make my poster now!:flowerforyou: I tell myself what to say to myself, but I didn't have a visual. Now I will. Thank you for sharing this. Lana:
  • vickigee
    Options
    Your goal is your goal and only you can get you there. Only you can achieve that goal only if you want that goal. Others can be road blocks and stumbling blocks in our way. Others can be great encouragers to help us along to help us achieve that goal but only WE OURSELF AND I can get us there if we truly want it.

Our goal gets us a healthier lifestyle for ourselves and our family. Importantly MFP has given us a tool for a lifetime change that can make it possible to stay there.

If we want that for ourselves don't let anyone take that away. It take work and alot of work. You don't have to give up your favorite foods you just have to have them less often and smaller portions. But yes you have to exercise.

So if you want this go for it and always look at the final picture in you head. If it's a picture you have printed out that is your motivation then look at it but if you don't have the picture, think of you at what you will look like when you reach your goal. THE NEW YOU!

So Happy For You !