i need support!

Options
Hi, my name is Anna-Maria,

Im a single mom to 5 kids and my weakness is anything sweet.. I need support BIG TIME!! my goal is to lose 20 lbs by x-mas. i know i can do this but i need help.
Im going to work out 3 times a week at home and eat healthy.. i will try to crave my sweet tooth with fresh fruits.

Replies

• candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I have found that yogurt helps my sweet cravings.
  • Airamanna78
    Airamanna78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    great idea!! i love yogurt, thanx
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hello from one Anna Maria to another (although, I go by Annie). The BEST thing for my sweet cravings is Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate Whey Protein shakes. I don't normally cave in when I have it on a daily basis. Fruit is definitely good, too. Feel free to add me, I have 21lbs. til I hit my goal, and 31lbs. til my UGW (which I haven't been since I've been 15 years old, lol).
  • keatche
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great plan and goal set for yourself :) friend add coming your way!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can definitely lose 20 pounds by Christmas! I don't have a terrible sweet tooth, but I do keep a couple of Hershey's Special Dark Kisses in my purse just in case it does strike. Then I just eat one or two of them and I am fine! Add me as a friend if you'd lik!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    the longer you stay away from those sweets, the easier it is and you won't even crave them. I could care less about them these days.

Remember this too......if you don't have it in the house, you cannot eat them! Your kids don't need them either! I have kids, too, and I don't bring them in the house for anyone as my focus has been getting healthy, for the whole family :)

Good luck to you !!!!
  • kctbo
    kctbo Posts: 29
    Options
    Good Idea...dark hersey kisses in purse (going to use this-thanks)
  • seano4121
    Options
    If you follow serving suggestions, natures promise chocolate soy milk crushes my sweet cravings,,
  • ladyashen
    ladyashen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I totally share your pain. I'm recently trying to get back on the band wagon after gaining all the weight I lost over vacation thanks to my sweet tooth and over zealous family dinners. I need support as well. :(
  • ASGinter
    ASGinter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! A single mom to 5? I admire you! I have 3, and I'm worn out, and that's with my husband's help! Whew!

I hear you about having a sweet tooth! Maybe try subbing with some artificial sweetener? You can always check allrecipes.com... You can find just about anything there. And you can type in ingredients you want or don't want, and it'll help find them, also providing the nutritional info. Just a thought...
  • pickles_mcgee_84
    Options
    Same here. I dropped 28lbs in June, and as a reward i got my belly button pierced, felt soo good about myself ^^. But then fell off the wagon, big time! It was soo bad that I had to have a bigger bar put in because of the weight I gained back :(
    I was so worried of hurting my new piercing that I stopped working out and went back to old eating habits.
    I definitely need a kick up the bum to stay on track.

:flowerforyou:
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Add me in. I love sweets also. Its hard for me to step away from them. I don't buy the sweet they are not in my house, but they are at my work. I can't just one. So I try not to even start.
  • beautifulhealer1
    Options
    I absoutly love sweets. I have fallen off my good streak and I also need support. I am a mom of 4 under 6...... I am trying to get back to excerise and eating right. I have found the more fruit I eat the more I crave that and I also found that yoplait dessert yogurts are a good fix. Good luck. Would love to find support with you!
  • RestyBaby
    Options
    I hear everyone on the sweet tooth. I find that the no sugar added fudgsicles and popsicles cure the crave for sweets AND chocolate. I just joined and am hoping for the best. I like what Ive seen here so far.