Halp! Hubby booked a surprise cruise and I have 8 months to get to goal!

Options
So, y'all know about the coronavirus going on right now .. well, cruises are dirt cheap. That being said, hubby couldn't say 'No'. He booked us a 6d cruise to the Caribbean, and I am not even close to goal. We went to Disney World in '17, and to be honest, I was ashamed of my pictures. I don't want to be the 'fat mom' anymore. I work 12hr shifts at a pharmaceutical company, so my diet hasn't been the best, as I do what I can to stay awake, be it energy drinks or sugary garbage to keep my oomph up. I plan on IF with Keto meal prep, but I am almost 100% certain exercise is off the proverbial table. I've got a goal of 8 months to be 'cruise cute' (see 100lb weight loss) any tips would be very welcome! TYIA!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Weigh out your food, count your calories, and know healthy weight loss is 2 lbs a week, for the amount you'd like to lose (and as you get closer to your goal that number decreases.)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I have worked in pharma (and will likely return to The Beast cuz the money's great) and know that most of the larger places offer amazing nutrition, exercise, and wellness programs. Some of them are even on-site. If that's not the case for your workplace, then perhaps review your benefits plan and see what health-related incentives are part of your package.

For example, I'd be surprised if a nutritionist isn't a part of your workplace set-up. You can review your IF plans and *healthy* weight loss goals with them based on your timeline!

Bon voyage, ma belle!
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Do your best to track the calories. You need to find a deficit amount for you that is sustainable. Using a trip is a strong motivator use it to keep you going for now, but use that time to build into a long term plan.

Walk when and where you can. Little things add up. Lastly, please never use the word 'halp' again - its been known to sabotage the best laid plans. :smile:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Focus on developing sustainable habits and tracking your food. Don't worry so much about the magical 100 pound mark, and instead go for long term habits. That way, you'll be down some for this cruise, and for the next vacation, you won't have to worry about your weight because you'll have already developed the habits to maintain a lower weight. Focus on forever.