I need to go to the gym but...

Options
angelicdisgrace
angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
I feel so tired even though I didn't go yesterday. Maybe after a good breakfast I will feel better. What's your excuse?:huh:

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    ....I went three times yesterday
  • Tweety379
    Options
    Go and work through the tiredness. I feel like that a lot and I don't want to go. Then I feel guilty and end up working out. I feel much better afterwards and get a little energy boost.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When I was going to the gym I never made excuses. If it was a day I was supposed to go, I went. Now I live in the country so it's going to be interesting finding new ways to exercise.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is just getting there. My excuse is usually that I have stuff to do at the house or need to run errands.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    my lil' footie hurts.....

still going! :laugh:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Go! :) I always make myself go when I'm tired and then feel SO much better!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    If you wait to "feel" like going to the gym, you will never make it....JUST DO IT!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    When I was going to the gym I never made excuses. If it was a day I was supposed to go, I went. Now I live in the country so it's going to be interesting finding new ways to exercise.

We have harsh winters here in MN so I spent most of it in the basement in front of the TV with DVDS. lots of great DVDs out there.
  • martinh78
    Options
    No excuses unless you are injured and even then...

My knees and shoulders hurt (muscles) so I can't row at home today or go for a jog.

So I HAVE to go to the gym so I can use the elliptical and burn off my beer calories for tonight :o)

In fact I'm going NOW!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    oh no doubt about it I will go. Just getting there is the battle lmao!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I went yesterday and today is full of visiting from both my parents I will barely have time to breathe today! :-P
  • IronSmasher
    Options

After having worked 12 years at a place where gym membership was included, I'm now in a new job in a new area. The gyms are rubbish compared to what I used to get for free, so I refuse to pay.

I've been doing bodyweight circuits and strength exercises, sprints on the cycle path, circuits at the beach. Working out gym free and proving the fitness industry unnecessary has kind of become a new aim for me
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym as much since I now have most of the equipment I used there at home now!!!! :wink:
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You will probably find you actually feel less tired if you go to the gym a few times a week
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If I don't feel like going to the gym sometimes, I will put on my workout clothes anyway. That way, I feel more motivated to go, plus my gym clothes are so gross that I'd feel so icky if I didn't go!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i have never met a person who "FEELS LIKE" working out, its something you must command yourself to do, when i dont feel like going, i go anyway bec i know

1.i will regret it.....basically i was being lazy
    2.i have a goal to meet

if i went by how i feel i would NEVER GO.
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    "...but I have so much to do!"

Thanks for posting this topic. I've been stalling the last 2 hours around the house. Then I read your post and felt like a lazy *kitten*. Off I go!
  • Dijon360
    Options
    I get like that some days. Three things get me through:

1) I LOVE how I feel after exercise. (Honestly, if someone could bottle that feeling, they'd make millions)
    2) I like that I can eat more after earning calories. I try to eat at least half the calories back - I seem to lose more weight that way.
    3) I made a promise to myself to make it a habit. A few weeks into this and I don't want to undo all the effort I've made so far.

--

So... get your *kitten* off to the gym! You know it's the right thing to do. :)
  • amethyst1
    Options
    I have a home gym so I just tell myself "I'll just go workout for 10 minutes" and after 10 min. I feel great and keep on going!
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Can I just say I like working out?

I would love to go to a fully equipt gym!