READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!! NSV NSV

Options
chef970
chef970 Posts: 196 Member
Lexington, KY, A Lexington man, who has been battling weight all of his life, recently found a web site called myfitnesspal.com and says he was sceptical about another weightloss program, but he joined, having lost all hopes in the battle of the bulge, he decided to give it a try...Now 3 months in he has lost over 25lbs and lost 4 inches in the waist, he is feeling great, has more energy to do things and is exercising regularly. His wife of 5 years commented that "when we first met, he was a loud snorer, would wake up sever times during the night to nudge him to quit snoring or roll overand get a full nights sleep, but since his journey started, now i can get a full nights sleep without him snoring in my ears. Several times, since i didnt hear him snoring, i would make sure that he was still breathing." He would go on to say that this site IS the Best thing to happen to him in a long time and now is winning the battle of the bulge. He also credits all the wonderful people from around the world who has helped, and motivated him to keep on track that makes up MFP.

Thanks to all of you for all of your support and motivation!

Replies

• Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Awww I *LIKE* this alot.... congrats!! :)
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's really great news:drinker:
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Very cool. I can relate regarding the excellent support folks over here.Keep on trekking, tracking and debulging:) Be well.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    woohoo! wtg
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :wink: Nice one! Lets hope you keep her awake for all the right reasons in future :wink:
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    :bigsmile: Woohoo...way to go. MFP rocks and the peeps are AMAZING (singing voice). Congratulations, keep going, you can do it.
  • blondebandbabe
    blondebandbabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    congrats! keep up the good work. My dad was obese and ended up in the hospital for 3 months due to pancreatitis, while its no way to lose weight he lost over 100lbs since he was tube fed. When he came home from the hospital he no longer snored either and my mother had the same reaction, she wasn't getting any sleep cuz she kept checking to make sure he was breathing. Just think about all that weight that is no longer weighing your chest and lungs and heart down at night! Way to go!
  • wids12
    wids12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    very inspirational, thanks
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I think it's incredibly nice of you to let your wife start getting some sleep now too:wink: I can relate completely to how she feels. My husband has put on 50 pounds in the past year and with that weight has come some VERY loud obnoxious snoring. So between him and my new baby, I don't get sleep anymore and it's rough on my end to know how to deal with this without offending him....
    You should be very proud of yourself though and MFP is definitely amazing!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    What a great motivational story! I'm so happy for you - and your wife, who doesn't have to wake up 5 times a night to tell you to pipe down!
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    well done on joining as I am always telling my friends that if it was not for seeing and joing this site it would have been a longer time and the friends and support you get on here is priceless and motivates you even more and befor you know it you are doing well and losing the pounds so well done and keep up the good work and we are here all you have to do is ask.
  • ccso619
    Options
    good job and P.S. GO BIG BLUE
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Aww, that's so lovely!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!