New to Working Out at Home!

Options
Hey everyone,

Now that I am stuck at home for at least the next few weeks, I am going to need to up my at-home gym game. I don't really have any equipment, and I just got back from vacation so I am extra unmotivated. Any tips for how to get back into the swing of things while at home?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I just posted on another thread. You can do most things at home if you're creative. Get on YouTube for ideas. My 26 yr old son was complaining when or gym-pool closed in Rome 2 weeks ago. He got creative and told me it's working out well.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what kind of workouts you like to do so I'm not sure what to suggest. I've been doing You Tube cardio, weights, and body strength workouts. I'm debating on getting more dumbbells as my highest are 10lbs. Resistance bands are great for staying in shape. This is a plank challenge a friend told me about that I thought was fun, I'm good at regular planks and it's hard to me! https://youtu.be/6X1c79oyYV4
  • cyan87
    cyan87 Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hey there! I prefer working out at home. I’ve never liked gyms. At first it was because I got self conscious about my weight, but now I mainly dislike them because I get bored.
    I do fitnessblender videos in the morning after my coffee ☕️. I sometimes have my breakfast before the workout, wait for 30-40mins or so. They have some workout programs which I like because it gives me a structure on how and which muscle groups to exercise each day. I am diligent on my food journaling, which has helped me to lose weight. I’ve lost 40.5lbs since September.
  • heatherv4
    heatherv4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender has a 4 week program that is body weight only. You don’t need any equipment. There is a different workout for 5 days with an optional one for day 6. I believe it’s on sale right now. I have used multiple of their programs. I love having the workout already picked out for me!