Ready to change & in need of support

Options
Beautifullyinlove
Beautifullyinlove Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Help!! I’ve been trying for two years to reach my goal weight and I cannot stay on a routine to get there. Yes I’ve lost weight but why is it so hard to keep up the momentum? When I start my cycle, I stop working out... when I get sick or few lousy, I stop working out. It’s like I give myself excuses to stop, yet I feel so good when I do work out. It makes no sense to me. Self sabotage!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,277 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I often stop exercising temporarily when I feel under the weather (illness, period). We don't have to be perfect, don't be too hard on yourself.

And strictly speaking exercise isn't even necessary to reach your goal weight, you just need to eat less when you aren't exercising. Are you logging your food consistently?
  • Beautifullyinlove
    Beautifullyinlove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I often stop exercising temporarily when I feel under the weather (illness, period). We don't have to be perfect, don't be too hard on yourself.

And strictly speaking exercise isn't even necessary to reach your goal weight, you just need to eat less when you aren't exercising. Are you logging your food consistently?

No I’m not and I should! I’m a bored eater and this quarantine has caused me to be EXTRA hungry. I think in the past when I did log my food it helped. Thank you for the reminder, I’m going to stay on top of that again.
  • staceynicole10
    staceynicole10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have been struggling with my weight for years. Drastically going up and down. I have a 7 year old and 5 year old twins. I lost 10kg since january 1st this year so I finally think I'm getting back on track. Still so much weight to lose so if any one wants to add me and help motivate each other, please add me :)
  • darlingdearlove
    darlingdearlove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I have a hard time sticking to my goals too. I lost 53 lbs a few years ago, gained back 14 and am looking for friends. Feel free to add me if you want, I have no friends lol
  • Lietchi
    Options
    Well, good habits need time and it's best to tackle one habit at a time :smile:

Start with logging.
    Then move on to logging and staying within your allowed number of calories. If not every day, perhaps on average over the whole week.
    Then integrate some exercise gradually and perhaps focus on your macros a bit (getting enough protein, finding out whick macros satisfy your hunger best...).

This lockdown also has me very feeling hungry, and I've been feeling under the weather a bit, so not ideal for a lot of exercise. But the one thing I've been doing consistently is logging everything I eat (and drink), since the beginning of August! I might not have respected my calorie goal every day this past week, but I do make sure I stay under my maintenance calories (any deficit is progress towards my goal!).

Logging really is the foundation of my progress, combined with my activity tracker estimating how many calories I burn. Exercise is the cherry on top for health and well-being :smile:
  • snda1984
    snda1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve got a problem with binge eating and boredom eating too. I had the same problems with going up and down and a lack of consistent tracking and exercise. It took years of working with my doctor to find out I have anemia, sleep apnea, sleep terrors, and a few other issues that contribute to a daily struggle with food. In the end I had to tackle the anemia with supplements (my stomach and bank account don’t like a lot of meat), the sleep apnea will be treated with a c-pap machine when I can save up for it, and I’ve gone into counseling and seen a psychiatrist to get to the root of the binge eating and boredom eating issue.
    I’ve been on track since January, this has been my longest stretch. When you can’t stick to something it’s usually either physical or psychological; take some time to figure it out, do the work to get it sorted, and stop beating yourself up for not being able to be “like everyone else who can stick with something”. Would you want to do something for someone else who craps on you for something you may not have control over? No? Then stop putting yourself down. Build yourself up.

What was the last straw for me? I had a very irrational emotional reaction to something that wasn’t in my control and my husband gently told me his perspective of it. In that moment I decided it was “*kitten* this *kitten*! O’Clock” Time to figure this out, for real this time!

I’m still not where I want to be but I’m so far from where I was that I may as well keep walkin’ in the same direction.

My apologies if the swearing isn’t allowed.
  • Lietchi
    Options
    snda1984 wrote: »

My apologies if the swearing isn’t allowed.

Don't worry, swearing just gets you a lot of kittens :lol: (I was baffled when I first arrived on the forums until I figured out where the kittens were coming from)