Need my MFP Family Right Now!

Options
hey all-- i am shamelessly reaching out to you all to beg for any positive energy and good vibes you can send my way. my angel, my baby, my doggy, mayer is very sick. and there is a good chance he will not make it through the weekend. i may have to put him to sleep.

he was sick yesterday and today so tonight i took him to the animal hospital. the insipid, rude, useless vet said that i could pretty much count on him not coming home with me because he surely had pancreatic cancer or an untreatable obstruction. and they wouldnt be able to tell me anything- or let him leave there- until tuesday. um no. so i called the other clinic- they have a much better reputtion and ultrasound techs on call. so i said i would take him there for treatment and a second opinion. they cathed him and i transported him to the other emergency hospital in the area. they gave me a little bit of hope that it could just be really bad prostritis or a bad UTI. the ultrasound is in about 6hrs and then i will know what exactly i am dealing with. i am devastated. i don't know if i will be ok if i lose him now. i came so far in the past few months- but this is the event that could send me back to the depths of major depression. i know he won't live forever or anything, but i just can't live without him now.

so i beg you-if you can keep me and my angel in your thoughts, prayers, wishes, etc it would mean everything. he is an amazing animal and he saved me in so many ways. he doesn't deserve to be in pain or sad. but i can't cope without him. i just came to the boards bc i just got home to my empty apt. its 430am and i am a mess. i am driving back out there in about 4hrs. i wanted to try for a couple of hrs of sleep, but that is just not going to happen.

thanks for listening. i need all support i can get.

Replies

• boobookittyx
    Options
    poor baby :( he's in my prayers!!!
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    so sorry. praying for good news and peace for your baby.
  • Page2777
    Options
    hun stay strong im here and i will be listening out for news of your baby
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    oh! most definitely! Our dogs are family, so I understand and am praying he will pull through and praying that you can stay strong.
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    thinking off you both - positive vibes heading your way
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I hope you & he will be okay.

I lost my dog last year, so know what you are going through.

You know your are doing what is best for him.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hope everything works out, one of the hardest things I ever had to do was put my dog down. Praying for you both.
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am sending special thoughts and prayers to your beautiful pup!!
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    sending positive vibes to you both from here in Wales. I lost my dog to arthritis 2 years ago and still miss him so much. Be strong X
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Tiff - no matter what, you will do what is right. I hope for you that you both are fine and that he recovers beautifully. Love for and from a dog is such a strong bond. I lost my Marshall 3-1/2 years ago to diabetes and I thought that I would never have another because he was just such a special baby.

My thoughts and good positive energy are with you.

Hold on - and no matter what happens, you can stand strong. Cry, yes. Give up, never.

Peg
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i hope mayer pulls through, i have my fingers crossed for you both, having a sick pet is never easy
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Please PLEASE let us know as soon as you know what's going on with your baby boy! I'm thinking of you and Mayer all day today! I couldn't imagine if something crazy like that happened to my Jake boy... Please let Mayer pull through and continue being a silly loveable furball! *Fingers Crossed*
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of love!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Poor lil baby - sending positive thoughts your way!!!
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am drawing golden circles around your fur baby, and more around you!

You are both in my thoughts today.

Please keep us updated as soon as you have news.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Praying for you and your dog and hope he feels better really soon!
    Hugs to you!
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to update everyone. Mayer had an ultrasound and had very aggressive cancer throughout his body. He couldn't pass urine and he was quite uncomfortable. It was best for him that I let him go. I held him in my arms while he went away. My world is shattered. He was the best dog. I will never ever be able to fill the void in my heart.
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    Just wanted to update everyone. Mayer had an ultrasound and had very aggressive cancer throughout his body. He couldn't pass urine and he was quite uncomfortable. It was best for him that I let him go. I held him in my arms while he went away. My world is shattered. He was the best dog. I will never ever be able to fill the void in my heart.

nothing i can say will ease your pain, but i'm sorry for your loss. stay strong. you did what you needed to do.
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    I am SOOOO SORRY for your loss!! Just know that we're all here for you in your time of need. You did what was right, even though it totally sucked. Just remember the happy times which i am sure were many.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm paying for both of you, and am so sorry for your loss.