Bike seat covers

I enjoy riding my bike, a lot. but it hurts my butt bones and my v bones.
I have a Cadillac ElDarado beach cruiser thing. What can i put on the seat to make my ride more enjoyable, and so i can ride it farther?

Replies

• I had the same issue. So i just got a bigger seat. It's a Schwin seat. Granted, it looks HUGE on the bike, but once my *kitten* is on it and FULLY supported, you can't even tell, lol.
  • I have a gel seat cover, then you can also get shorts that have gel butt pads in them lol, they aren't pretty but throw pants over them and no one will be able to tell. I got mine at REI :)
  • Padded bike shorts make a huge difference. I won't ride without mine! You can get baggy styled ones if you are too self conscious like me to wear the tighter styles.
  • I have the same problem, but I have a regular mountain bike. I've been looking at bike seats at walmart to price. Haven't bought one because I wasn't sure it was worth it. There is one that has like a gel padding. It is bigger and looks so comfortable!
  • ZoayZoay
    ZoayZoay Posts: 60 Member
    I have a gel seat cover which helps quite a lot. That's over a "comfort" saddle. I've still had enough by 4 or 5 miles though!
  • As an avid bike rider I will say - Yep to the wider seat, yep to the gel covers, yep to the padded bike shorts, but the one other thing that makes a difference is riding very regularly so your body can adjust to the pressure. I ride almost every day on a nice wide gel/memory foam seat, and by the end of my 7-10 miles my butt is still uncomfortable. But, I have improved a ton from when I started. I also find that shifting my position on the seat (front to back) helps alleviate the pressure spots. You can do it! Good luck!
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    the more you ride the more your *kitten* get's used to the saddle, gel saddles are better and mould around your behind better I just have a standard one on my bike. I do how ever use padded shorts and they have a very good investment , but when using them put a bit of chaffing cream on as you can get quite sore after a while.
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    are padded bike shorts expensive?
    i'm pretty broke.
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    It's like with most things the more you spend the better quality the goods, you can pick some up off e-bay from china for next to nothing to get you started but the pad is not top quality.