GTA, Ontario

Anyone here from the Greater Toronto Area? Looking for local support!

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I'm from Toronto!
    How's the social distancing coming along?
  • mashulka2020
    mashulka2020 Posts: 11 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I'm from Toronto!

I'm not even sure how to respond. I didnt believe all the comments regarding grocery stores, costco, etc but what I saw Friday evening was complete chaos.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    I'm in the GTA! Keep it up! Home workouts and running are my new thing. Keep tracking,
  • AliNouveau
    I'm from Toronto!

I'm not even sure how to respond. I didnt believe all the comments regarding grocery stores, costco, etc but what I saw Friday evening was complete chaos.

I couldn't even get close to grocery stores on Friday morning. Friday afternoon I was able to make it in but there wasn't much. Saturday morning I hit the jackpot. Now we live off my normal stockpile of meat in the freezer
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I'm in Toronto, too. The Sobey's near me is about 1/3 depleted...
  • mashulka2020
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    I'm in the GTA! Keep it up! Home workouts and running are my new thing. Keep tracking,

Hey! Good for you! I on the other hand cant get motivated to workout at home. And now with both kids stuck at home for march break and two weeks after, this shall be interesting.

Keeping running!
  • mashulka2020
    I'm from Toronto!

I couldn't even get close to grocery stores on Friday morning. Friday afternoon I was able to make it in but there wasn't much. Saturday morning I hit the jackpot. Now we live off my normal stockpile of meat in the freezer

Sunday morning my local Longo's was pretty empty at the meat section. No eggs. *kitten* chips were gone too (I guess that would be a good thing, one less crappy food for me to buy) . I hope stores are able to replenish.
  • mashulka2020
    I'm in Toronto, too. The Sobey's near me is about 1/3 depleted...

I heard some Sobeys will open an hour earlier for the elderly community to shop on peace without huge line ups and unnecessary stress. That somewhat restores my faith in humanity.
  • AliNouveau
    If you go at about 10am it seems you hit the stores just as they have restocked shelves...I was finally able to get a giant bag of flour. I think I'm now set and don't need to go anymore. I even braved Eglinton to go to the beer store
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    I'm down the road in London. I love home work outs. My cardio will take a bit of a hit but oh well.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    I am open to friend requests.
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    caledon,
    shipping all the grocery to walmart, longos, and costco.

homeworkouts and jogging. hate every second but need to keep going.
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    If you go at about 10am it seems you hit the stores just as they have restocked shelves...I was finally able to get a giant bag of flour. I think I'm now set and don't need to go anymore. I even braved Eglinton to go to the beer store

if you order online, they stock shelves and pick the orders in the morning, you may have some luck.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Toronto
  • Leoness89
    Leoness89 Posts: 3 Member
    Heyy, I'm in Pickering!!