Any squash players out there?

Options
I was just wondering- I took up squash in the Spring and am totally addicted to it!! Not to mention it is the best calorie burner around...I played today for one hour and burned 1000 calories. Anyone else?

Replies

• jackieb79
    Options
    I play racquetball (very similar to squash, but with a bouncier ball) and love it. I get over 1200 calories burned in an hour - it's the best workout of anything I have tried and enjoyed.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I *love* squash, but never get to play anymore. Sniff!
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried raquetball before- but I'm telling you- it is so fun to burn so many calories doing something that is actually fun!!!

Java why don't you get to play anymore?
  • Poy_Ella
    Options
    I LOVE squash! However, I'm super-competitive and a few years ago dislocated my shoulder playing it. :( So I can't play any racquet sports anymore, it throws my shoulder out.

But it's such a good workout, and you don't realise how long you're playing for or for how hard until an hour later and you're drenched in sweat.

Ahhh, I miss it.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just my crazy schedule, really - I have to pick my spots when it comes to exercise, and most of the time that's something I can do at home. Add to that, sadly, squash isn't very popular anymore so it's hard to find places to play. I miss it!

I prefer squash to raquetball, but I come from very strict squash snob genes, haha :happy: ....my dad used to play regularly.
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    i took up squash a month ago. my gym has a club that runs on a tuesday so is a great laugh and also great workout. i tend to warm up for workouts with a little knock about on a squash court practicing :)