Question of the Day-Day 43!!

Options
:heart: Question of the Day- Day 43!!! :heart:

What's your choice of drink that contains alcohol that isn't too many calories?

**Me- well since MFP I have been drinking vodka and cranberry if and when we would go out but that's still about 172 calories for one glass of it! I am not a beer drinker so it can get kinda tricky! Who would have thought liquor would have so many damn calories!!!

Replies

• MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't drink....but when I did, my favorite guilt free drink was bacardi and diet coke with lime!:drinker:
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    http://www.caloriecontentoffoods.com/calorie-content-of-alcohol/

Check this out!! I thought it was interesting!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The vodka is under half of the calories, its the mixer you put in it that is adding up.... Change to a different mixer like dite coke or tonic
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i dont drink anymore but when i did i found that straight shots were my best option. There is no filler like juice or soda to add calories, you can get drunk off of less than if u were drinking a mixed drink and you can still feel like you are partying like everyone else. Thats what i always did. i would drink shots of patron with lime or absolute citron vodka with lemon. hope this helps
  • Mr8656
    Options
    Malibu Rum and Diet Coke
  • Angfire
    Angfire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Captain n Ginger
    Diet Gingerale (Vernor's preferred) with a shot of Captain Morgan.
  • jennalnolan
    jennalnolan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gin & Club Soda or Perrier, lots of ice and lime juice:smile:
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    BUMP! want that web site when I get home from work!
  • DrMan
    DrMan Posts: 86
    Options
    Vodka and Diet Tonic is a good choice. Also Crown/Jack/Johnnie Walker with diet coke/pepsi also does the trick.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i dont drink anymore but when i did i found that straight shots were my best option. There is no filler like juice or soda to add calories, you can get drunk off of less than if u were drinking a mixed drink and you can still feel like you are partying like everyone else. Thats what i always did. i would drink shots of patron with lime or absolute citron vodka with lemon. hope this helps

Yep its shots for me too when I drink.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Rum/Diet Cola and Vodka/Diet Tonic. You can't usually find diet tonic at a bar or restaurant, this is when I would drink Rum and Diet Coke. If I'm going to a party I bring my own Diet Tonic and Vodka.
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Vodka or gin with carbonated water and, for an optional 21kcal extra, lime cordial.
    Best enjoyed with a double in a pint glass for a long, cool summer drink.
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda! Aka vodka and club soda...with lime. Once you get used to it it's not so bad, and it's about 70 cals. Since club soda has no cals , you don't have to just do shots and you can carry the drink with you :D

One of my friends says it tastes like STAMPS lol but I got used to it!!!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    When I decide to drink (at most three times a year) I drink whatever I like without worrying about it and something I like ; ) so for me its usually raspberry smirnoff, fuzzy navel, or strawberry daquiri not sure what the content of each is as far as calories go
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Rum or vodka with diet coke :-)