Ok I get it - really fit people can exercise and diet

Options
Have you ever wondered why on the front of MyFitnessPal they only allow really fit people and people who do not need to diet.

I am 61 years of age and disabled- none of the exercises shown on MyFitnessPal are appropriate for me.
I have logged in over 400 days for the food recording part of the program. The rest of it is just not appropriate unless you are 20 years old and as flexible as .............

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Huh? I'm 48 and I don't get that at all.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Have you ever wondered why on the front of MyFitnessPal they only allow really fit people and people who do not need to diet.

I am 61 years of age and disabled- none of the exercises shown on MyFitnessPal are appropriate for me.
    I have logged in over 400 days for the food recording part of the program. The rest of it is just not appropriate unless you are 20 years old and as flexible as .............

I'm almost 46 and can do most things. I had to build my fitness up, and that started 7+ years ago. Fitness is something that is built over time. Heading out right now to hit the trails for a couple hours on my mountain bike.
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I never use any of the exercises in MFP. Just use an activity monitor to make the calorie adjustments.
  • mlsh69
    mlsh69 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Honestly it couldn't hurt to showcase, older and or larger folks performing exercises. Plenty of older and fatter people do them. Come on MFP guve everybody a chance. Also l think the ideas about concentrating on what you can do is a great idea. Let us know if you do start up a thread.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    I never use any of the exercises in MFP. Just use an activity monitor to make the calorie adjustments.

I logged exercises in MFP when I was losing (I don't log food here anymore and track my exercise on a spreadsheet), and there was a huge range. OP seems to be talking about the MFP blog, not the MFP tool, and frankly I didn't even realize that MFP's blog had recipes and exercise routines until long after I was successfully using MFP, and wouldn't find that all that valuable anyway. OP, just do the exercise that works for you and log that.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    A Google search bring back 31,000,000 hits for "exercises for people with disabilities. Surely something will be appropriate. Best of luck.

152ng8dgfawl.png