Diary of a Quarantini

Options
KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
Let's face it, soon we'll all need one. Be that a legitimate martini or just a bunch of rum you shove in a martini glass.

What are you doing to cope? How are you managing to not murder others, talk to yourself or question your sanity? Post here.

03/21/20 - Decided to try out a craft utilizing alllllllll the art pastels I've been hoarding (and not using) over the decade. Marked off fence slats and went to town. Might do the rest if it doesn't rain and we get super-ultra bored.

Also played Scrabble.

Fence in question:

ap5bdl1bbg8i.jpg

Share your ideas here!

Replies

• that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, soon we'll all need one. Be that a legitimate martini or just a bunch of rum you shove in a martini glass.

What are you doing to cope? How are you managing to not murder others, talk to yourself or question your sanity? Post here.

03/21/20 - Decided to try out a craft utilizing alllllllll the art pastels I've been hoarding (and not using) over the decade. Marked off fence slats and went to town. Might do the rest if it doesn't rain and we get super-ultra bored.

Also played Scrabble.

Fence in question:

ap5bdl1bbg8i.jpg

Share your ideas here!
    That looks really cool

My HOA would show up with tiki torches if I ever displayed such heretics :(
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Also played Scrabble.

Fence in question:

ap5bdl1bbg8i.jpg

Share your ideas here!
    That looks really cool

My HOA would show up with tiki torches if I ever displayed such heretics :(

Ours is letting things they normally wouldn't allow slide for the time being. And it's chalk, so it will wash away. :)
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    fgajzqfgsobc.jpeg
    Day 2 quarantine: my husband asks me are we moving to bigger cups? Nice. I said no!! Those are the two mixers. 🤔although he might have a good point 😜
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Also played Scrabble.

Fence in question:

ap5bdl1bbg8i.jpg

Share your ideas here!

1st I love it, 2nd I believe it's your real fence & 3rd I mention 2nd because it reminds me of when someone was claiming that their fence, was made {I believe} via reclaimed wood via Victorian era houses but the wood, looked new. I don't know, if you were here then but it, was hilarious!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    The world is becoming a different place with people absent. Even places I know are normally populated and full of people playing, laughing, cooking are now starting to look like the backdrop to a George A. Romero film.

gsxff97m0by9.jpg

I spent today sorting cards, then finishing a book... then taking a chance to venture on the other side of the city to look at craft stuff and science kits to do with my son while he's at home. Might as well take the opportunity to learn, right? Decided to take a chance and go to Winn-Dixie for elusive chicken. Was disappointed and so bought the rest of their bourbon salmon out of spite. That's 4 fillets, btw. By no means hoarding. A simple dinner. Came home and tried to find a stick to do a weaving with and was disappointed. Ah well.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The world is becoming a different place with people absent. Even places I know are normally populated and full of people playing, laughing, cooking are now starting to look like the backdrop to a George A. Romero film.

gsxff97m0by9.jpg

I spent today sorting cards, then finishing a book... then taking a chance to venture on the other side of the city to look at craft stuff and science kits to do with my son while he's at home. Might as well take the opportunity to learn, right? Decided to take a chance and go to Winn-Dixie for elusive chicken. Was disappointed and so bought the rest of their bourbon salmon out of spite. That's 4 fillets, btw. By no means hoarding. A simple dinner. Came home and tried to find a stick to do a weaving with and was disappointed. Ah well.

My post via this thread, I hope that it helps:

If you're having trouble finding chicken and/or bread, how about going to a source instead of a supplier?! I was unable to get my Pepperidge Farm rye bread via Walmart Grocery because they supply it but I was able to get Walmart's french bread because they bake it within the store {which means that, they've some available everyday instead of waiting days, for a shipment}. Unable to find Perdue chicken at Walmart, for your casserole? Get some chicken at Kentucky Fried Chicken, to cut & mix into it instead.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787509/coronavirus-prep/p1
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    We spent our Monday putting together this 3500+ Perler bead kit and it made me instantly regret my life choices. We made a fantastic team, but the *kitten* refused to fuse properly and I probably spent MORE time trying to fix the *kitten* than we did putting each piece in!

Lesson learned; never again.

vay2qcrllkh9.jpg
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    So I'm not a Quarantini, but I've been good at trying to not go to the store if I dont have to.

I went out on Tuesday, first time in over a week and it's a whole new experience. Tape marks on the floor where your supposed to stand in your personal space.

Apparently I committed a social faux pas when I opened a pack of cherry tomatoes and touched one to see if it was hard (I don't like squishy tomatoes)
    ...if looks could kill, wow! Noted!