i started walking again today

starzz904
starzz904 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 19 in Success Stories
Well i started walking again today after a bad sprang ankle could not walk for 2 weeks and it was driving me crazy i was doing 9 miles a day before i hurt my ankle 6 miles in the am and 3 miles in the pm. but i started back slowly i was able to push my self today and did 4 miles the morning so should i stay walking at a slow pace and for how long and should i wait before speeding up to brisk walking again?

Replies

• starzz904
    Well i started walking again today after a bad sprang ankle could not walk for 2 weeks and it was driving me crazy i was doing 9 miles a day before i hurt my ankle 6 miles in the am and 3 miles in the pm. but i started back slowly i was able to push my self today and did 4 miles the morning so should i stay walking at a slow pace and for how long and should i wait before speeding up to brisk walking again?
  • Diannahm
    Diannahm Posts: 7
    give yourself time to heal if your feeling well try but don't push your injury too hard.
    I sprained my ankle 2 years ago and pushed myself too hard and now i still ave pain because I didn't allow it to heal properly.
  • agapita1965
    agapita1965 Posts: 130
    I love walking ,too. You are doing great with your walking--NINE :drinker: miles a day!!!! I would just say listen to your body. If you feel good, go for it. Did you sprang your ankle on your walks??? I know when I go hiking, I need to be careful. My favorite trail has lots of rocks. I've stumbled many a times. Enjoy your walks!!!:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congrats, that is awesome. Keep up the great work.
  • starzz904

March 12
    Well after 3 weeks of resting my ankle im back to doing my 8 t0 9 miles a day walking OMG i feel so great i was so stressed cause i could not do my daliy walks i dd 5 in a half miles the morning burned almost 600 cals did almost 12000 steps tonite i will do another 4 with my daughters and that will be 9 miles to day yeah!!! i feel less stressed im happy im proud of me this site helps motivate me ty mfp:smile::smile: :happy:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!