C25K NSV!

Options
shydaisi
shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
I know this probably won't be a big deal to most...but it is to me, so I want to share!

Today I was doing W3D2 of the C25K program (if you don't know about it, check it out!!) which is two intervals of a 90 sec run/90 sec walk/3 min run/3 min walk. I have downloaded a podcast which is a 30ish long music compilation that has voice prompts when I need to run or walk. So, I did the 5 minute warm up walk, and then started the 90 second run. I got so zoned into what I was doing that I completely missed the prompt for beginning my 90 second walk, doing an extra 15 seconds before I looked at the time and realized I should have been walking!!! On top of that, I ran for TWO 3 minute spans with no problem!

I am so excited that this program is working for me. I have NEVER been a runner - even a 10 second sprint when necessary would have me panting! Going from barely walking 30 minutes at a time to running for 9 cumulative minutes, 3 at a time, is phenomenal for me!

Replies

• cmduncan
    Options
    Congrats! I'm on Week 7 and still loving the program!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    awesome, i just did that day too...week 3 day 3 tonite! its not too bad right now except i have to run uphill a lot which sucks but its worth it :)
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

Go you!

God bless!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Yay you! That *is* a big deal!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    awesome, i just did that day too...week 3 day 3 tonite! its not too bad right now except i have to run uphill a lot which sucks but its worth it :)

Congrats! It is a big deal! I'm so behind on my C25K I have the same problem with the hills it does suck!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's awesome! I'm doing C25K and now running at 5.2 mph...who knew lol.
  • bookworm_1213
    bookworm_1213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great Job, I am also doing C25K. It is a great realization that each week you can run a little longer esp. if you never thought you could be a runner. I'm on week 7. Keep up the great work!
  • shydaisi
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Good for you! I've never missed the walking mark - always look forward to that part :) Keep up the good work!
  • shydaisi
    Options
    Thank you!
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrarts! That is huge. I've recently started running myself. Although I'm not doing the c25k program I do engage in walk/run. I started out setting small goals like I will run 4 driveways..etc. Today, I ran an entire block.. I've even managed to get to 3 miles in 39 munutes which isn't the best time but not the worst either.

Keep at it and before you know it you will be running your first 5k!
  • robmaguire1
    Options
    It's the best feeling, isn't it? I could never run either, until C25K. Keep up the great work!!
  • ercarnes
    ercarnes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am going into week 3 tomorrow and was a little nervous about it, my husband made my music for me with prompts of when to walk/run. Keep up the good work.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! Today I had smilar experince I was able to do all of running intervals without looking at my phone to see how long before was over!!! Im real proud of you I know how hard it is to start running and even jogging.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!