black beans=YUMMY

Options
i have never liked beans... baked beans, kidney beans YUK....however i just discovered black beans and i love them. they taste good, you can add them to many different foods and they are full of fiber and protein. my only question is they contain alot of calories, so are they a good option for weightloss if ate in moderation? they seem to keep me full and i add them to salads, soup, corn, ect. i only eat about 1/4 a cup at a time for about 55 calories. the serving size is 1/2cup for 110 calories.

Replies

• fifrocks
    Options
    they have a lot of protein, which will help you keep feeling full. I think they are great and eat them all the time.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love black beans! I'm interested in trying roman beans. I've heard they are yummy.

You mentioned kidney beans (being yuck to you) and are worried about the calories in black beans, but I just googled Goya kidney beans and here is the nutritional info. on them for 1/2 cup 90 cals 1g fat 19g carbs, and Goya black beans are 90 cals for 1/2 cup .5g fat and 19g carbs. So, the black beans are 1/2 the fat! I also looked up Goya roman beans and they are the same cals, NO fat and 19 carbs.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    We eat them all the time. Yum. Even my kids like them. The baby will eat the unsalted ones straight out of the can.
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i love them!

they are so nutritious and for the calories, it all depends on how you cook them. Try not to mix them with carbs, because they already contains a lot of them. it's better if you cook them with veggies.