i bought digital body weight scale today ?

Options
saynow111
saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
edited March 2020 in Getting Started
i bought digital body weight scale today ?
the problem it is glass thick glass
i am afraid it can be broken
it is maximum weight 180 kg
today one time i try to stand i heard weak voice as it gonna broke
my weight is 129.5kg
it is made in italy
is there any tips to avoid its breaking
i wonder why many many scales made of glass while glass is not enough strong material
!!!!!!
thank you

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I dont know if there's any way to avoid it breaking. I also use a glass top scale, and mine makes noise, but hasn't broken. I blame the floor for the noise.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I got a scale with a max weight measurement of 181 kg. I started off at 188 kg. Initially the scale would err. It is made of glass. I felt same way 1st time I stepped on. Will this thing break??? Nope never did.. I think it cried a bit but yeah I’m well under the limit now and the scale is spot on. When I went for my annual it was pretty much a mirror reading.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Do you think the maximum weight is wrong?
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    . Scales typically have their limits in the specs... is this question directed at the OP?

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    mrmota70 wrote: »
    . Scales typically have their limits in the specs... is this question directed at the OP?

Yes, this is directed at the OP. His scale specs give him the maximum weight, but he seems to think that it is incorrect. I'm asking him why he thinks that.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    If you are at or under the maximum weight limit and it breaks you should be able to get your money back.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    mrmota70 wrote: »
    I got a scale with a max weight measurement of 181 kg. I started off at 188 kg. Initially the scale would err. It is made of glass. I felt same way 1st time I stepped on. Will this thing break??? Nope never did.. I think it cried a bit but yeah I’m well under the limit now and the scale is spot on. When I went for my annual it was pretty much a mirror reading.

That 'err' reading on my scales was the final impetus I needed to start losing weight properly. It's what sparked my 'defining moment' and caused everything to change.

Seeing that 'err' for some reason make me twig to the notion that to properly reverse my weight problem I had to approach this from a completely different angle. Previously I had tried to lose weight by 'doing' something different (exercise more, eat different foods, etc) but you can always stop 'doing' that thing. So I decided to BE something different. Complete change in identity.

The next morning I woke up and just simply was a person who was a normal healthy weight and did things that a person who was a normal healthy weight did. The fact that I was still overweight didn't factor into it, my body just needs time to catch up and reflect outwardly the person I had already become inwardly. Then all I needed (and still need) is patience.