70kg+ to lose - looking for accountability (or even gym) buddy!

Options
kczamana
kczamana Posts: 10 Member
Hello everyone!

I have half my body weight+ to lose and am looking for a motivation/accountability/gym buddy in London.
I'm 27, weigh almost 150kg, and am 177-178cm tall.

A bit about myself:
I used to be extremely athletic throughout my childhood and teens, but turned out to be an emotional eater and stopped exercising during university. This resulted in me putting on a lot of weight, especially during the many exam seasons. At 24 (already severely overweight), I managed to drop 25kg, only to put on 40kg after a psychosomatic injury.
I now have a very stressful and demanding job, where, unfortunately, looks do matter, so I need to shed some serious pounds if I want to be taken seriously and progress in the industry. That, and I want to look after myself, become healthy, extend my life expectancy, feel better and have more energy, and build up my confidence. You know, become everything I ever dreamed of as a kid and stop being my own main obstacle to achieving my goals.

As I usually work 12h+ days, the only time I get to work out is around 5-6am. That of course requires a lot of motivation... motivation I lack.

That is why I am looking for a motivation/accountability/gym buddy. I am looking for someone (or a group of people) who also wants to lose an extreme amount of weight, try to hit the gym at the crack of dawn and try to stick to a healthy diet whilst juggling work/school/family etc. and share the results of our labour!

If you feel like we might be able to vibe and keep each other accountable, do let me know! I'd love to meet people that are on a similar journey as me!

Best,
Kara

Replies