Looking for a free place to weigh

Options
i'm a very big guy looking to lose about two hundred pounds. I cant use a standard scale to weigh-in and i was curious ifanyone else had ideas where i can weigh myself with some levl on conveience. Im open to any and all ideas. Thanks in advance!

Ezreader61

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    i'm a very big guy looking to lose about two hundred pounds. I cant use a standard scale to weigh-in and i was curious ifanyone else had ideas where i can weigh myself with some levl on conveience. Im open to any and all ideas. Thanks in advance!

Ezreader61

Local landfill (if they weigh cars) might be able to help you out.

Ours you have to drive on to weigh in and out to determine costs. It's not sexy, but it'll work.
  • farmingfool
    Options
    Vets often have large scales right in their lobbies for larger dogs that built right into the floor.
  • Jross65
    Jross65 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How about a vet clinic... Ours weighs large animals i'm sure they would have a scale that would work,
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    Vets often have large scales right in their lobbies for larger dogs that built right into the floor.

lol, I think you might be meaning equine or large animal vets. Not a dog vet.
  • techymum
    Options
    Just a thought - and I don't know - but what about your local hospital? Could you ask your doctor?
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've kinda been thinking about the same thing. I'm in a wheelchair and don't really have the balance to weigh on a regular scale you stand on. Trying to come up with a place that might have a floor scale they would let me roll on to...no luck yet.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You can buy a scale where you can sit down on and it will weigh you. I wouldn't focus as much on how much you weigh but more on what you need to lose. Eventually you WILL be able to weigh in normally.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you have a Publix supermarket near you they usually have a big scale right by the front door. Everyone who walks in seems to step on it.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

No my vet has one built into the floor for squirmy dogs or dogs that can't be lifted on to a counter height scale. Banfield Animal hospital inside petsmart has one and if you go in after vet hours you can use it and not worry about funny looks. Superpetz also has one in their stores...
  • Ezreader61
    Ezreader61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, i appreciate all the suggestions. I'm going to call my vet to see if that will work. As often as i have visited my local grocery store and spent my money on their food, i will try hem next. I appreciate the support. Let me know if you need a weight loss buddy!
  • mrmanmeat
    Options

No my vet has one built into the floor for squirmy dogs or dogs that can't be lifted on to a counter height scale. Banfield Animal hospital inside petsmart has one and if you go in after vet hours you can use it and not worry about funny looks. Superpetz also has one in their stores...

And most will prolly have a max weight.