Well, one month down and feel great.

Options
So can finally show some pictures: a before and after.

I am running a few trail cameras in our HOA park due to vandalism, so I get access to all the images, including of me using the park.

This is 177 down to 155. Now, according to a lot of folks here, the next 5 may be a bit harder to take off, but that final 10 they say is a real challenge. I just know I feel great, energetic, and ready for the summer. So if the final ten takes time, let it take time. I got what I wanted off first. That bulky gut. Now things are just more manageable.

k3xtyebtflab.png

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    Great results! What a change. 🙂
  • foolforcarbos
    foolforcarbos Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you for noticing! Lots of effort into such a small transformation.

I really meant to post this under the PHOTO ONLY SUCCESS STORIES, but this is just one step and not a full success.

Again, thanks.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Well, you look great! I think you need some smaller pants!
  • foolforcarbos
    Options
    rheddmobile, oh, why did I donate all my clothes that I once wore. Guess I had given up. Seems the reward to losing weight is new clothes. And yes, starting with those pants! ;)
  • go52182
    go52182 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think the troll who follows you and dislikes your posts is at it again!

(I clicked Like by the way! Great progress in one month!!)
  • foolforcarbos
    Options
    Only one Dislike? I'm use to 10-15, so maybe some are starting to accept me - for me?

But thanks go52182, I'll take that Like :)
  • loriwhite0408
    loriwhite0408 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Very impressive. I'm so glad that your results are visible. I'm 15 lbs down, but can't see it yet. I can't wait until I can post a Before & After. You look fabulous!!!
  • foolforcarbos
    Options
    The main thing I am quickly learning is when I hit a plateau, just stick with it and remind yourself, this is your body, and plateaus are only normal. I quickly remind myself while the scale can only give me one data point, my body inside is complex and it would take dozens of data points to know what's up. So just keep the faith, stay with the program, and move forward.

Now, that said, the first before and after makes for great computer wallpaper and motivation. Should print it and put that on the fridge, pantry, microwave, but honestly, I no longer feel like grazing all day and night. I can't even eat sweet sweet things like candy bars any longer. I have my sugar intake down so low, I love sweets, only one bite at a time, not the whole thing.

But I am at a crossroads. Do I want to take an excel spreadsheet and list when my weight changed and what my macros were during that change, including my sugar, net carbs, saturated fats, and all the data from MFP, or do I just want to keep going and when I feel stuck, just hang in there - and stick with the program, and maybe kayak a few more minutes watching the sun set. Or walk a little more in the rain.

I think data may be over-rated. :)
  • SouthernGal89
    SouthernGal89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Been on Macros since 1/28 of this year and I'm down 10 pounds. Astonishingly it took me much much longer on Atkins to lose 10 pounds than it did on this. I have about 15 more I'd like to lose. I've got until 4/21 to finish my first 12 week run and then I'll recalculate and re-evaluate my numbers. I tend to stick to 135/135/30 (pro/carb/fat) per day at 1350 calories. TDEE is about 1750 for me. My line has been a gradual descent, plateaus haven't lasted more than a week (I only weigh once a week to keep from being discouraged).

The most wonderful thing about all this is that my lipid panel came back at 184. NEVER in my life have mine been under 200. I'm never hungry on this either and I like the ability to eat whatever a like so long as I've planned for it. I generally plan my meals one day in advance with bulk cooking on weekends. I have a notebook of all my meals since 1/28. I use this to quickly reference and copy where I can.
  • foolforcarbos
    Options
    Fantastic you are fully in control and not hungry and weighing in only once a week. We are now in the same boat. Fifteen more to go. As with your line, mine has been descending and then flat line for awhile. Like I said, sometimes the body can be stubborn ;) But great work and keep it up!
  • SouthernGal89
    SouthernGal89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fantastic you are fully in control and not hungry and weighing in only once a week. We are now in the same boat. Fifteen more to go. As with your line, mine has been descending and then flat line for awhile. Like I said, sometimes the body can be stubborn ;) But great work and keep it up!

Your photos look GREAT. Sometimes I wish I'd done a before but I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of myself in a swimsuit. Cheers to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!