No inches lost but I'm looking slimmer?

Options
I've been measuring my waist, hips and bust but I haven't seen a difference in numbers since June. However, I'm feeling the difference in clothing. I used to be a size 16 but now I can comfortably fit into a pair of size 14 jeans. Plus, these pictures PROVE I've lost inches:
after2.png
photo-1.png
This is when I lost 10.8 lbs (I've lost about 3 lbs after these before/after photos were made).
I don't get it. Why is the tape measurer telling me differently?

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congrats, great job.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    It is REALLY hard to measure yourself accurately. If I slide my tape measurer up or down a couple of millimeters, I get wildly higher or lower measurements especially on biceps, forearms, thighs and calves.

But, yeah, you have ABSOLUTELY, without a doubt lost inches. Your tummy looks wonderful!
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I too hit a plateau and find myself getting thinner. It took 3 weeks to loose 1 lb. What I found out is my bones, muscle and water retension has risen while my fat is decreasing. This is why I have stayed the relative weight.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may have mismeasured in the beginning. Take them today and start again.

Great job too!!!
  • Kouta154
    Kouta154 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep doing what you are doing. When losing weight theres no way to designate where the weight comes from, the body chooses where it takes the weight off. For some people the extra weight in the mid section is the last to go. The most important thing is to just make sure you are losing weight.
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Maybe I have mismeasured, but I find it weird that it's the same exact numbers as before. And thanks for the congrats too! :)
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It is REALLY hard to measure yourself accurately. If I slide my tape measurer up or down a couple of millimeters, I get wildly higher or lower measurements especially on biceps, forearms, thighs and calves.

But, yeah, you have ABSOLUTELY, without a doubt lost inches. Your tummy looks wonderful!
    Thank you. I guess I should just focus on how I feel, my weight and how my clothes fit then. I've tried to get as accurate as I can but, oh well.
  • sweetmornings
    Options
    Good job! as long as the clothes are fitting better and getting into smaller sizes don't concentrate on the tape measure. It may just make u mad.