Need help to lose weight

Options
Hello Friends,

Can someone please suggest me good exercise to lose weight? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks :)

Replies

• penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    Running burns the most calories. Zumba is a fun fitness class. I enjoy pilates for my core strenght and it really zapped my mummy belly when I first started losing weight - better than anything else, even crunches.
    Keep logging your food each day - you'll get there in the end.
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
    Linda x
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Start with walking small distances and then increase. You can also do some excercises that they have on you tube.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Try everything and anything, sooner or later you will find something you loves and can get proper stuck in to.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to find something you like and enjoy doing. I love tennis and have been getting out to play 2 sometimes 3 times a week. I also started the Couch to 5k program this summer and although I have never been a runner, I am enjoying this too. I get and do this 4-5 times a week.
  • macylane4
    Options
    I don't know how much overweight you are, but if you need to lose quiet a bit...when you go to the gym just do a moderate walking pace on the treadmill at a slight incline...do the eliptical..don't try to go full force everything you have because a lot of the people in the gym have been doing it for years! Slow and steady wins the race...you will soon be able to run and go 8mph on the eliptical etc...just make sure you're sweating!!! I do zumba every monday...I do a cardio hip hop class also! You can also check out the biggest loser tapes..they show how to do different exercises for people that are just starting out!
    GOod luck on your journey!
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Hey, I would suggest 3 different sites those are my favorites, hope you will like them.
    www.bodyrock.tv
    www.myomytv.com
    www.diet.com
  • DHYH
    DHYH Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with Linda on the running!!!!! my treadmill cord broke so i felt so lost without it that i just started running outside. my personal favorite workout move that i do that works the whole body is the Burpee --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50 i do 150 a day and its awesome.