Bad case of the DOMS

Options
4U2NV4
4U2NV4 Posts: 1 Member
I just started working out again and doing videos and such at home and finding it hard at times to get a workout in when im still feeling pretty sore and tender in areas i know that this is a good thing and ill see results in the end any good ideas to help with the DOMS im drinking glutamine as well warm and cold packs and have my partner helping massages my soreness as much as I can tske that is any idea thanx

Replies

• jstrick20
    jstrick20 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    back off on the massage for now--stick with cool packs not warm. after 14 days you can transition to warm packs and get back to your massage.
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Love DOMS.... like u say it shows you are working and recovering! Keep the BCAAs up too... might be placebo but they always get me through even after a lay-off when it’s hard to get out of bed after an intense deadlifting sesh!

Also, light work outs following intense ones help. Just to stretch and get some blood into the muscle to aid recovery. Works for me.

Best of luck
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I get around DOMS by reducing the number of full body workouts to focus on the body parts that hurt less lol.

So if my inner thighs are hurting, umm, like from the repeated sets of weighted lunges I did two days ago 😂...then its upper body strength training time.

Perhaps a similar strategy can work for you.