free money

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Send it right back to the government in the form of taxes unfortunately 😕...

And then some...

Some folks won't receive the bailout dollars, and that's okay; there's no argument from me on that point.

You owe some scratch to 'the man' ??

No worries there.... you get a time extension this year.

Also, I always, always want to owe tax money instead of receiving a refund.

I would rather that I have my money over the course of the year, rather than the government holding my money for the same amount of time.

I was talking about property taxes actually...

I'll end up getting a check, but it's going right back in the form of another tax... I know it's a different entity but not much different to me anyway 🤷🏽‍♂️

I've compared property taxes of neighboring states along with those states on the East Coast.

Some folks have a good deal, others.... well.....
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

And then some...

Some folks won't receive the bailout dollars, and that's okay; there's no argument from me on that point.

I would rather that I have my money over the course of the year, rather than the government holding my money for the same amount of time.

I'll end up getting a check, but it's going right back in the form of another tax... I know it's a different entity but not much different to me anyway 🤷🏽‍♂️

I've compared property taxes of neighboring states along with those states on the East Coast.

I don't think I'll ever leave the San Francisco Bay area but.... Well, we're the well 😂
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

And then some...

It’s craZy different between OK and TX - but our sales tax isn’t as high and no tax on most groceries- states all gonna get their money - just in different ways maybe. I haven’t done much research on this just an opinion I’ve formed with little knowledge 😂 does that make me qualified to be a pundit 🤔
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I won’t get any, but I’ll have to help pay it back in taxes. 🙁
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

And then some...

yup
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

And then some...

Funny conversation with my mom
    b5r8jmg8y4je.jpeg

• Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I am not getting any money and will be sending them a check on 7-15
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    aesthetic
    ubq9919ss7ui.jpeg
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    *note highlighted search at bottom!
    5z00ed682dwq.png
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

And then some...

It’s craZy different between OK and TX - but our sales tax isn’t as high and no tax on most groceries- states all gonna get their money - just in different ways maybe. I haven’t done much research on this just an opinion I’ve formed with little knowledge 😂 does that make me qualified to be a pundit 🤔

Each state is different, and I'm lucky to live in one which doesn't have state income taxes. Though, their sales tax is higher than other states. As is their vehicle tabs and fuel tax. But, because I don't buy a lot, I actually pay significantly less than I was where I used to live.

I'd rather see us go to either a flat tax (all pay the same percentage) or a progressive rate (like what we have now) for income taxes on the federal level. No deductions and doesn't matter if you're married or have kids. if you have income (wages or from sale of stocks/bonds/etc), you pay taxes.

At the state level, it's just consumption/sales tax, property taxes and vehicle registration fees.

I see no reason why we should ever have to file taxes.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    some of us are still working dangit, while others are on the CoronaVacation

It's a blessing my friend. There are lots willing to trade.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    A hammock for easy napping.
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna reupholster my Corolla. Whatever's left over is going into my offshore account.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    some of us are still working dangit, while others are on the CoronaVacation

I hear you - but at least we are making our full (or close to if reduced hours) pay - I don't think I could live off of unemployment benefits, and the huge amounts of money the government is coming up with to pay them scares me
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    Nothing, since I won't be getting any 🙄. Essential my *kitten*

Hear you too, and why isn't there a "danger pay incentive, for going out into the *kitten* cootie zone everyday bonus" for us "essential workers" - who have to venture out into the pre-apocalypse?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    prob gonna pick this up to wear outside when the looting starts
    sjpx2ht855c3.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    prob gonna pick this up to wear outside when the looting starts
    sjpx2ht855c3.jpg

That's just silly....

Everyone knows that T-Rex was green, not brown.