Help about medication and excersize

Options
Is it ok to excersize on antidepressants I’m on 100mg of steraline for panic disorder and anxiety but I’m not sure if excersizing is aloud my doctor didn’t say anything only asking if anyone else is on these and works out too thankyou

Replies

• ashley_mullo155
    ashley_mullo155 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I've taken 6 other anti-depressants and none prevented exercise. Regular exercise is imperative for my mental health. In times of increased stress, I exercise more.

In studies, exercise was shown that it can be as effective as anti-depressants for mild to moderate depression.

But when in doubt, ask your doctor.

Thankyou it’s put my mind at ease I love working out so don’t want to stop over medication
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I've taken 6 other anti-depressants and none prevented exercise. Regular exercise is imperative for my mental health. In times of increased stress, I exercise more.

In studies, exercise was shown that it can be as effective as anti-depressants for mild to moderate depression.

But when in doubt, ask your doctor.

Thankyou it’s put my mind at ease I love working out so don’t want to stop over medication

Don't take advice regarding questions about your medication from people on the internet. Ask your doctor.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Or ask your pharmacist--they might be a little easier to track down these days! They also tend to know more about side effects and interactions than the doctor does.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    When I started blood pressure medicine I wasn't sure if it would make me feel dizzy or anything so I just took it slowly to see what I could tolerate and built up to where I wanted to be.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Call your doctors office and also talk to your Pharmacy. Much more reliable than random internet strangers. Just sayin. If you’re concerned about it, get a reliable answer. What worked for someone else may or may not be appropriate for you. Hope it all works out.
  • ClockWorKitten
    ClockWorKitten Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am on the same medication and exercise is fine, i feel exercise helps and now that gyms are closed I been more anxious.