So many calories left over!

I went on a really long hike today and have had a really big eating day. I am very full ! I have 750 calories left though and have read different opinions on whether or not I should eat them. Would welcome some thoughts on this

Thanks Andy.

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    i had a busy day too, im at -745 ( with my 1700 thats loads !! ) , lol

we should save them for another day

:laugh:
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Only if you're hungry. If you've eaten a lot today and git a good hike in, I'd pass on eating them all and just grab some protein. Some nuts or peanut butter sandwich.
  • I would bet you will eat them tomorrow. That is my experience when i do a lot of exercise in one day. I eat until i am full and have tons left over, and then the next day i go over. I figure it evens out in the long run.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Great question. I have 3,500 calories left. I just ate also so i am good for a minute. I burned 2600 on a 25 mile bike ride this morning..thing is I am probably going to go back out later. I don't wanna keep having these deficits but i don't want to eat a bunch of junk just to get close.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    I wouldn't. But if it strikes you around 9pm you won't make it until morning, do some protein! Like a shake or some meat. Congrats on the great burn! oxxo
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    i think it's better to eat it next day, because why will you eat something now if you aren't hungry?. Besides, you can keep that calories if you plan to eat out with friends, since you always eat more in those cases.
  • Thanks for all your thoughts on this .

Andy.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Great question. I have 3,500 calories left. I just ate also so i am good for a minute. I burned 2600 on a 25 mile bike ride this morning..thing is I am probably going to go back out later. I don't wanna keep having these deficits but i don't want to eat a bunch of junk just to get close.

2600 for a 25 mile bike ride seems rather high, 25 mile run yes but not bike ride
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    In answer to your q, I run lots of marathons and ultra marathons. No way can I cram in all the calories burned on a 50 mile run but the next day will be a rest day with only 1200 cal allowed so I ' borrow ' some as I cant survive on 1200!