Recommitting

Options
jan110144
jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
edited March 2020 in Motivation and Support
Who is having problems maintaining/getting back into healthy eating and exercise during this trying time? I know that I am. The social distancing is really challenging for me as I live alone and my dog is just not a good conversationalist. With not being able to go to the gym or to ride my horse, my two favorite exercise sources are gone and I find myself just sitting (and grazing) way too much! I am trying hard to establish some sort of structure to my day and am looking for a small group for accountability. Anyone interested in sharing strategies, providing support, etc?

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I was kind of on the same boat. I was going to the gym everyday. Unfortunately they’ve had to close down due to covid. So instead of letting that get me down or using that as an excuse to stay home and watch tv and drink, I’ve made the choice daily to walk the trails in my neighborhood for an hour or more. I’m still burning those calories and getting my steps in. Recently I’ve started running up and down stairs for 10-20 minutes to mix up the exercise. (All while keeping distance from people)
    So that’s my new routine for the time being.

As far as getting back to healthy eating, take it one day at a time. Today eat what you’ve been eating, and make sure to log everything. Maybe you’ll see that it’s too much and that will motivate you to just eat a little less/a little better each day.

:) hope this helps.