Foods You Wish They Would Bring Back?

Options

Replies

• KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    @lealosesit , if you’re in the UK you may well be able to find Vienetta ice cream in you local Tesco (mine has it, and it’s often on offer at £1 each!)
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Choc-cola...in a can.
    Also, Egg Nog ice cream - couldn't find it anywhere this holiday season!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I've probably commented this one before (maybe more than once) but I also can't believe they only made cookies n creme Twix for like 1-2 years in the 90s...they were my fave...however, they just announced they're coming BACK in January 2020. I have low hopes they'll be as good but who knows!

The cookies & creme Twix are back now, if anyone cares... :D

I've only found them in a 6-pack of mini bars and they're okay. I don't know if they just aren't quite as wonderful as the original or if my memories are what's the best.

Not bad though, and my husband who dislikes most "cookies & creme" chocolate bars agreed it's pretty darn good.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    stefa_roth wrote: »
    Maybe they still make them and I just haven't seen them in the grocery store in years... fiber one had chocolate chip banana muffins in the freezer section. It was my weekly sunday breakfast like 10 years ago.

t3g0r6j3azm6.jpg

That reminds me of the muffins...

fwyal8s7991i.png
    gudd0pphk1ga.png
    vsvc84t6iato.png
    6jaesmmbldg3.png
    hvjutth6ivw6.png
    and the vitabrownies 2p4bgwcded4h.png

Used to eat 2 of the muffins or brownies every night back in 2012

SAME! Vitatops were one of the first "diet" foods I had... back in like 2008 haha
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Maybe they still make them and I just haven't seen them in the grocery store in years... fiber one had chocolate chip banana muffins in the freezer section. It was my weekly sunday breakfast like 10 years ago.

t3g0r6j3azm6.jpg

fwyal8s7991i.png
    gudd0pphk1ga.png
    vsvc84t6iato.png
    6jaesmmbldg3.png
    hvjutth6ivw6.png

SAME! Vitatops were one of the first "diet" foods I had... back in like 2008 haha

Oh man, I spent so much on Vitatops. My favorite was the corn bread.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

t3g0r6j3azm6.jpg

fwyal8s7991i.png
    gudd0pphk1ga.png
    vsvc84t6iato.png
    6jaesmmbldg3.png
    hvjutth6ivw6.png

Oh man, I spent so much on Vitatops. My favorite was the corn bread.

Vitatops, Skinny Cow and 40 calorie bread... haha
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Crisco
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    allother94 wrote: »
    Crisco

um? They still make crisco.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    pitek1s58oda.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    cy9fxgaskh98.jpg
    anyone remember these?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    cy9fxgaskh98.jpg
    anyone remember these?

My grandfather used to hide these in his drawer when he was living with us.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Can I just say this thread makes me happy? It's so nice to reflect on simple memories during this time.

So I suddenly remembered that Skinny Cow used to have more varieties of their ice cream saucers. The strawberry was really good and I used to live off them when I did Weight Watchers in 2005. Can't find them anymore.

I also miss when McDonald's and Carvel (East Coast ice cream shop, I believe) used to do shakes in their paper cups. No whipped cream, just a thick milkshake. So good!

• pancakerunner
    Options
    Can I just say this thread makes me happy? It's so nice to reflect on simple memories during this time.

So I suddenly remembered that Skinny Cow used to have more varieties of their ice cream saucers. The strawberry was really good and I used to live off them when I did Weight Watchers in 2005. Can't find them anymore.

I also miss when McDonald's and Carvel (East Coast ice cream shop, I believe) used to do shakes in their paper cups. No whipped cream, just a thick milkshake. So good!

Agree on the skinny cow! Ice cream saucers as in the sandwiches?? Also loved the Skinny Cow chocolate clusters!! They were crack.

be68bmjzwv3x.jpeg
  • chelseasgoals
    chelseasgoals Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Donut O’s from Trader Joe’s koiklr8l8kau.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    e594cquuo5an.jpg

my favorite candy
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options

Agree on the skinny cow! Ice cream saucers as in the sandwiches?? Also loved the Skinny Cow chocolate clusters!! They were crack.

be68bmjzwv3x.jpeg

Yes, sorry! Lol I'm so used to calling those disc-shaped ice cream sandwiches saucers because that's what we call them in ice cream shops on Long Island lol. Or maybe it's just my weird family.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    0ihb790f80wy.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    n1w8iv5vuphi.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    0ihb790f80wy.jpg
    n1w8iv5vuphi.jpg

Omg Odwalla bats remind me of middle school,and those butterfinger sticks YESSS your killing me today ! So many memories
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    0ihb790f80wy.jpg
    n1w8iv5vuphi.jpg

Omg Odwalla bats remind me of middle school,and those butterfinger sticks YESSS your killing me today ! So many memories

I have been in a nostalgic funk haha... yes! The odwalla bars: my first "healthy" bar... then came the Fiber Nu bars and then Clif bars haha. The butter finger sticks... ugh. want!