Can't seem to get motivated or start ever!

Options
cvdub16
cvdub16 Posts: 71 Member
edited March 2020 in Getting Started
So I have actually been on MFP for awhile now but this is a newer account as I wanted to start fresh. I had a good start after my second pregnancy for whatever reason I lost about 45lbs while pregnant and some of that after, so that dropped my 70lbs I had to loose before I got pregnant down to about 30lbs and I was so happy. Well due to me having a little post partum depression and just lack of motivation I have put back on most the weight. Our scale currently needs battery so I don't know my actual weight and to be honest I am too scared to know. I have fallen back into poor eating habits and drinking nightly again. There for awhile I got my drinking down to the weekend but have fallen back into old habits. I try to plan out my dinners for the week, my lunches, snacks, and breakfast. But then stuff happens and I run out of time for my plans and end up bringing unhealthy stuff to work or I eat good all day then when I get home I destroy all my good work. Don't even get me started on actually working it out it is nonexistent right now. I have always worked out at home so this whole stay at home order has nothing to do with it. I am honestly feeling like I will just keep putting on weight and never get back into it. I am also having problems finding stuff to meal prep with and what not as I am very picky. I just dont know anymore.

Replies

• DavidBong
    DavidBong Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You need to help yourself. All I see was lacking in self discipline and nothing more. Start with small goals like eating healthy first. Why plan when you can choose to eat healthy? Your health and body are some of those few things you actually own in life and within your control. Start taking ownership for your own health and body.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Small steps. Trying to change a bunch of things all at once can be daunting. What is one thing you can change this week? Be specific and make one goal. Can you create a step goal and increase your steps? Can you add a serving of vegetables to both lunch and dinner? Next week create another goal, and then another, and another. Pretty soon you're on your way.

You don't have to eat exclusively "healthy" (whatever your definition is) to lose weight, you just need to take in fewer calories. Instead of beating yourself up for a slip up, learn from it. Allow yourself a treat now and then. Moderation takes practice.

Re: exercise. My goal was 60 minutes per week. 6x10, 4x15, 3x20....whatever. I used 10 Minute Solution DVDs,
    but YouTube is going to have lots of choices. I kept track of my exercise on a spreadsheet, but you can mark it on a calendar. Be accountable. After 60 minutes became routine, I added more time. Pretty soon it became habit.
  • cvdub16
    cvdub16 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. :)