Morning Routines

GettinLean19
GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
I’ve always been rather fascinated by why people do what they do when they do it, but morning routines in particular intrigue me. Do you have a routine? I don’t mean a regimented set of ordered steps you follow, but what are the things you like to do most mornings to start your day off right?

Replies

• MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    I like to get up early, between 4:30 and 5 and have coffee. In the summer I can go for a walk afterwards but in the winter I usually just use that time to go on youtube and watch motivational videos. Is it counterproductive? Absolutely 😅

I like to start a load of laundry and make my bed too. It starts this snowball effect of feeling productive.

4:30_5?! 😳 Damn haha. Are you on the Jocko Willink life program? 😋

I don't have a specific time I wake up/go to bed because I have issues not only getting to sleep, but staying asleep. But I guess it's a routine that when I do rise, I make a cup of coffee and go outside with my dog. How long I stay outside depends on the season haha. After that, if I have work, I go to work. If I have the day off, I reply to emails/texts and then relax and eat breakfast, in no particular order and not on any timeline.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    I usually wake up around 6am. Thought that would have changed since I haven't been working for the last 6 months but no. I don't really have a routine, it depends on how I'm feeling but before anything I need to make my bed.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    I like to get up early, between 4:30 and 5 and have coffee. In the summer I can go for a walk afterwards but in the winter I usually just use that time to go on youtube and watch motivational videos. Is it counterproductive? Absolutely 😅

I like to start a load of laundry and make my bed too. It starts this snowball effect of feeling productive.

I don't have a specific time I wake up/go to bed because I have issues not only getting to sleep, but staying asleep. But I guess it's a routine that when I do rise, I make a cup of coffee and go outside with my dog. How long I stay outside depends on the season haha. After that, if I have work, I go to work. If I have the day off, I reply to emails/texts and then relax and eat breakfast, in no particular order and not on any timeline.

I can’t seem to sleep past then. I have a lot of trouble sleeping 😩
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    I wake up before 6 normally even if I've been up and unable to sleep the night before.....I feel all your pain fellow trouble sleeping friends😴🤷

Get my morning coffee if its school time for my son I iron and make lunches while drinking coffee ...if it's not a school day and say we are being asked to stay in....ya know for the good of all and stuff....I go thru emails and texts for work ....get on here to see what's kicking and before all of that I make my bed...seems some of our universes align a bit!🙌😉
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    1. Wake up 5:30 to 6:30AM.
    2. Go pee.
    3. Acquire clothes I want to wear.
    4. Go wake up mini-me. Poke him until he wakes up.
    5. Find clothes that match for him.
    6. Go downstairs.
    7. Get swarmed by cats.
    8. Feed them wet food.
    9. Acquire cup o' coffee and add some creamer.
    10. Make tiny me breakfast.
    11. Fart around on computer for 15 to 20 minutes.
    12. Take mini minion to school.

Now the list is pretty much the same, except I wake up at 7ish and he doesn't go to school because virus panic.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

I'm usually up between 4:00 - 4:30am. Get a couple of things out of the way such as make the bed, organize a few things. Then will get a quick workout in. Followed by making breakfast. Shave, shower get dressed and usually out the door before 7:00am.

• MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member

I can’t seem to sleep past then. I have a lot of trouble sleeping 😩

Oh brutal. Welcome to the club haha. Do you at least get to bed at a decent time?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    work days
    wake between 3-4 and lay there not looking at the time, dreading the alarm going off at 6:30, when it does - snooze 4-5 times

days off
    wake between 3-4, remember I don't have to get up 'till I want, day dream and toss and turn as long as I like

everyday
    thorough oral health routine - brush, floss, electric brush, mouthwash. Make bed. Tidy kitchen if I didn't before bed. Open blinds for my plants. Glass of cold water.

work days
    Shower, skin care, try to make hair look ok. Thankful to be a scrubs wearer, rush to not be late - being late heightens my anxiety

days off
    2 cups of decaf tea with almond milk and Truvia, *kitten* around on the internet, exercise of some sort (its afternoon now). Shower, skin care try to make hair look ok.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I drop a deuce. Then I take a long look at myself in the mirror and wonder where it all went wrong. After that literal wake-up call, I venture into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of orange juice (that's if there's any leftover from all the Screwdrivers I made the previous night. Probably not.)
    Then I plop down on the couch and watch an episode or three of Ancient Aliens with my hands resting comfortably on my belly. During the commercials I might do a little maintenance on my navel region (plucking rogue hairs, removing crumbs, etc.)
    Finally it's time to face the soul-sucking task of getting ready for work. It's not the life I envisioned for myself growing up, but it's mine and I am responsible for my fate.

Ancient Aliens can be very informative.

.... those guys know everything.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Coffee and protein shake
    Usually watch hulu or bravo with my coffee
    Text, ig, or something on phone
    Finally roll out of my bed to start my day
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    5.30am.. let dogs out
    Let back in
    Make coffee and go back to bed with it
    Play on phone for a bit.
    Make another coffee, play with dogs..
    Go shower
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited March 2020
    Wow you all wake up early! The earliest I wake up when working my 7am shift is 530am. I also work 9am, 12noon, 3pm, or night shift so my waking hours vary greatly. On off days, I wake up around 9-10am, feed the birds, have tea, go to the gym or clean my place, or go out and do something.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    edited March 2020
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f7b1a3cf26fb9a85854710cf32e1d89d78841320&rid=giphy.gif
    giphy.gif?giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29010f2d8de3b0b6b0b628fbde1d0b414ceb3fe23b&rid=giphy.gif
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I wake up when I wake up now. I think I like wake up early and take a hour or two nap after breakfast.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    My morning routine is...
    * be legit surprised I was given another day of life
    * thank the Lord, read a daily Bible verse, listen to another Bible verse, then pray
    * listen to the radio (for weather) or watch YouTube (for giggles)
    * snuggle in the covers and mountain of pillows for another 10 - 100 minutes
    * think about making coffee
    * consider exercising (also for giggles)
    * do the morning's biological necessities
    * make my coffee
    * get dressed (perhaps to exercise after all)
    * head to my home office and start the day

NOTE: if I do exercise before work, I sit in my own filth and grime until I break for lunch. Then I'll shower in lieu of eating.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Go pee, wash hands and face, brush teeth, put clothes on.

Start coffee, let dog out, put fresh water and food in dog's bowls.

• ddk125
    ddk125 Posts: 32 Member
    Routines. I love my routines. :) I'm a planner, and I thrive off making plans. Sticking to said plans is harder.

Anyway, my current morning routine is:

Get up, Wash Face, Put contact lenses in, Drink Water and Take Pills, Comb Hair and Get Dressed.

Then out to the kitchen. Clean Kitchen, Empty Dishwasher, Empty dish drainer. Get meat out for supper.

Throw Laundry into the dryer. (I use delay start on my washer. Getting that ready is on my afternoon/evening routines.) Make Bed, Tidy Bedroom.

Even dates:Wipe bathroom counters and polish mirrors, stovetop, and back door.
    Odd dates: Sweep kitchen, bathroom, and back entry.

Eat Breakfast and read the Bible.

That's it. Looks like more than it is. As long as I keep up with my routines, they don't take very long. And I often do slip and not do it all. But we are one happy household when I do!