Nutrition/Calories

Options
I am supposed to keep calorie intake above 1200/day. There are days when I am not hungry, feel full and fall short of the 1200 calories/day. What should I do on these days?

Replies

• jayhschmidt
    jayhschmidt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eat half an avacado or some other calorie- dense food. Double check that you're not shorting yourself of some essential nutrients.
  • LensCap
    LensCap Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77
    Thank you for a great explanation. When I am full and don't need/want to eat the calorie deficit is much greater than 50 cal. I like the idea of nuts or peanut butter. That will fill up those calories easily. I am not loosing weight more than 1% ( another good to know guide line)...Thank you!
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Hit the Nuts.com site. Check out their roasted pecans, walnuts, cashews, et. al. Their selection is delicious and once that box arrives, I doubt you'll ever undershoot your calories again :D

220 calories for 28 g of walnuts. That's a little, tiny portion you will finish in seconds. Like, 5 walnuts.

Worth every calorie, if you've got 'em to spare or are trying to fill them. omg they are great.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    Hit the Nuts.com site. Check out their roasted pecans, walnuts, cashews, et. al. Their selection is delicious and once that box arrives, I doubt you'll ever undershoot your calories again :D

220 calories for 28 g of walnuts. That's a little, tiny portion you will finish in seconds. Like, 5 walnuts.

Worth every calorie, if you've got 'em to spare or are trying to fill them. omg they are great.

I legitimately limit the number of times per year I bring roasted pecans into my home, they're just too good!
  • iainalexander123
    iainalexander123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Guys new to mfp looking for as much advice I can get and followers as well 👍🏻
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Some people prefer to track by week instead of day; this might be beneficial for you as you can bank those extra calories for another day of the week.
  • LensCap
    LensCap Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Good suggestions