Loosing 20lbs in 100days

Options
It’s just over 100days to my 37th birthday. I want to reach my GW range 122-125lb. I am currently 143.7 as at today.

Every time I get to to 140, it creeps back up.

So what I will be doing is the following

Gym - 5 days a week (both weights & cardio)
IF - 20:4 minimum
@ least 70,000 steps weekly.

Writing this down here to track my journey to future me.

I will update my daily journey here

Replies

• josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Are you monitoring food intake? I see you fast but I just wonder if you have the nutrients you need. And I know you know muscles weigh more ...
  • gary92067
    gary92067 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I just finished reading David Goggins' book, Can't Hurt Me. He lost over 100 lbs in 3 months. Not sure how he did it but it's a great book for motivation. And he is an extraordinary person in terms of natural ability. Get the Audible version, you'll understand when you get into it.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    This doesn't sound healthy. 20 lbs in 14 weeks is 1.4 lbs a week. That is well above what is generally recommended of 0.5% to 1% a week. You are near your goal weight loss you will do a lot better off aiming for a sustained lifestyle change and 0.5 lbs a week ie 137lbs on birthday. Better to do long term sustainable changes so still heathy at 38 and all the way to 83.

20 hr fast 4 hr eat which is what 20/4 means is extreme and not something you should do for weeks at a time unless under care of doctor and nutritionist
  • ilosonice
    ilosonice Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day 2: 143.2
    I cycled in the gym yesterday after body pump so didn’t get my steps count up like I wanted. Stayed within my calorie goal of 1600.
    Today I am aiming for longer walks
    Thanks for the advise.

I will keep take it one day at a time
  • nedwob4
    nedwob4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I fast on a 16:8 schedule, I started 10th Jan weighing 292.6lbs and i'm now 272.4lbs. I am eating at least 1800 calories a day (well in the 8 hour window) I really do think fasting works for some people. I have a long way to go but will stick with fasting.

I don't think I could do what you do and effectively half my eating time down. I would be interested to hear what your energy levels are, also what is the time you eat?
  • ilosonice
    Options
    Day 3: 143lb. Couldn’t resist carrot cakes
    Did the Grit class and ran for 2k afterwards. Great with my step counts

@nedwob4 I just eat at 3pm in the office and have something else between 5 and 7pm when I get home. I eat 1/5 of banana before and after workout in the morning. Thanks
  • ilosonice
    Options
    Day 7: Fell off track. Still IF but loads of junk. I need to be fully committed and back on track
  • pandagalaxy
    pandagalaxy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! It sounds like you have the motivation but need to work on the discipline and willpower. We've all been there! :)

There is probably a reason you fell off track. Are you getting enough fiber and protein? Drinking enough water?

I've been trying to limit my treats to once (sometimes twice if it's a really tempting treat, I'm only human..) a week and cheat meals (still within calories) to only the weekends. After a few weeks of doing this I could take or leave the treat but man did it taste so much better after not having it for so long!
  • ilosonice
    Options
    I have stopped weighing myself daily. I might start weekly or monthly. I am walking more now and taking longer routes.
    I need to learn discipline
  • ilosonice
    Options
    Still going strong. Not weighing myself but I believe I am going in the right direction. Today marks the beginning of lent so I am feeling much much positive as I will be depriving myself a lot during this time
  • ilosonice
    Options
    Slow and steady. Weekends are very hard for me as I am home all day eating. Will start paying closer attentions on weekends!
  • ilosonice
    Options
    Started going to more gym classes this week. I wish I can get my feeding right again and everything will come together. Cooking a large meal today. Hoping it helps me stay away from junks
  • ilosonice
    Options
    I beginning to feel the difference! Slow and steady! Will report my weight at the end of the month. By then I hope to be 135 or less. Fingers crossed I don’t fall off track
  • ilosonice
    Options
    Here’s March almost over and I am back to my starting weight!😢😢😢
    Working from home screwed thing up a lot for me.

Now is the time to replan
  • srkbalta
    srkbalta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ilosonice wrote: »
    Here’s March almost over and I am back to my starting weight!😢😢😢
    Working from home screwed thing up a lot for me.

Now is the time to replan

I hear you. I'm quarantine and it's hard to stay motivated and sticking with a diet.