Looking for Virtual Friends

Options
Hey all! I'm Ashley. I'm 27 and trying to lose weight for the 100th time in my life. This time feels different, though (I know, we all say that 😄.) I've started eating healthy and exercising 6 days a week (spinning for cardio, weights and calisthenics for strength training.) This time around genuinely has felt different, though- I feel more disciplined than motivated (which I think is good; motivation, as we all know, can be fleeting.) I used to hate exercise and agonize over counting my calories, but this time my journey has been more positive- I'm starting to feel stronger, and food isn't all I think about anymore. I'm sleeping better. I'm enjoying my workouts, and my mood is elevated. I like the person I'm becoming.

With the state of the world right now, pretty much all I do is work out, eat healthy, and play with my daughter (she's 6 and currently being taught at home, because her school is closed like most others.) I'm looking for online friends to check in with, people who want to help keep each other motivated. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! ❤

Replies

• wander_lustxo
    wander_lustxo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me Ashley. Let’s do the dang thing.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley! Feel free to add me. I'm not necessarily looking to lose weight but it's nice seeing people's posts and progress towards whatever goals on here.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm not on here all the time but I'm friendly. 51, married, 9 more lb to lose. No kids, two cats.
  • iansfitjourney
    iansfitjourney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m with you on this one got to lose weight now
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Cashewtheguineapig
    Cashewtheguineapig Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In a similar position, got two little ones at home at the min and have realised that weight management is going to be a life long task, it I eat to hunger I just gain! Great that you’re making progress!

Been on this app for a while and just reading the forums but would like to make connections for mutual support!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    48 Married with kids. I've almost finished my journey and am helping others. I am open to FR.