New medication makes me very hungry

Options
Guys, I need serious help! I have been prescribed this new medication and it makes me constantly hungry. I find myself eating a lot more than I usually do and its making me gain weight.. Does anyone have some tips on how to curb these hunger pains or have any advice towards this situation? I really need some advice.

Replies

• mako425
    mako425 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Went through this when I was on prednisone. Drinking lots of water definitely helps.

For me, my doctor changed my dosage to twice as much, but every other day. That helped me.

Also what time of day you take your medication matters. Some people deal with the symptoms better at night, others early in the morning.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    First, I'd make sure that I'm actually hungry and not just thirsty. Our bodies often mistake thirst for hunger, so down a couple glasses of water and wait a few minutes. Still hungry? Chew some gum. Go for a walk. Distract yourself. Still hungry after all that? Have a healthy snack.
  • TexasRose423
    TexasRose423 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Went through this when I was on prednisone. Drinking lots of water definitely helps.

For me, my doctor changed my dosage to twice as much, but every other day. That helped me.

Also what time of day you take your medication matters. Some people deal with the symptoms better at night, others early in the morning.

thats the medication i am taking and i take it in the morning. thats when my doctor told me to take it
  • TexasRose423
    TexasRose423 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    very helpful. going to start drinking more water when i feel hungry.:drinker: