I can't wait to...

Options
_Miss_chievous_
_Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
edited March 2020 in Chit-Chat

What are you looking forward to the most when things get back to normal?

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    Options
    I can't wait to spend time with my family members.
  • breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    going to the gym! I realise I've been too dependent on weightlifting as a way to shake off negative emotions.. time to expand my toolbox!

Also going to face to face meetings and groups for my mental health. We're replicating many of them on zoom but it isn't the same as actually being with my people.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Entertainment in general, as it seems to me that the only places that shut down are forms of entertainment. With that comes time with friends/family.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Well that, of course. :) Not having to worry if anyone I care about is going to get deathly ill. :(

On a lighter side, I NEED to go to the library!!
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Concerts, gym, swingers clubs
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    gym. Drink in public. Drive to another state just for the hell of it.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Gym - letting my kids hang with their friends-
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    go see my parents, finish wedding planning stuffs, and have a nice dinner out.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. Send these kids back to school
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Having the house to myself again. FINALLY.

Also, spending time outdoors or in public places with the family again. I kinda miss just going to a movie or going out to eat with them, even though they're here all day every day atm.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    be able to purchase, whatever whenever.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    Options
    I also can't wait to be able to go away for a weekend.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

^^^This one is huge!!! 🙌....also getting back to our old finely tuned routines .....and not dressing like a dang storm trooper and strategically planning out food shopping trips etc...😎🤘🤗
  • _Miss_chievous_
    Options
    spade117 wrote: »
    Actually go to Ireland. Put it off for so many years. We were supposed to go for our 10th anniversary but pushed it to 15, and then pushed it to 20, which is this year.

Had everything booked and was supposed to go at end of April thru mid May. Now we are cancelling flights and rooms.

Wife said to me yesterday (somewhat jokingly), that if she dies from all this to take the kids with me. ( She is an Assistant Nurse Manager in the Psychiatric Emergency Department at one of local hospitals)

I think this whole situation is making us realize that we shouldn't 'wait for another time' to do things we want to do. We never know what's going to happen tomorrow. I hope you guys are able to go to Ireland and that your wife stays safe.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    See my parents. Get back to the gym. Go to TJ Maxx. Go on a date.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    Options

^^^This one is huge!!! 🙌....also getting back to our old finely tuned routines .....and not dressing like a dang storm trooper and strategically planning out food shopping trips etc...😎🤘🤗

Dressing like a storm trooper 🤣🤣😅 I haven't put on a pair of jeans in 2 weeks. I've been living in pjs, I did put on some leggings today.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for a vaccine so all this mess can stop! People need jobs... and toilet paper.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I can’t wait to be able to cough in public without feeling like I have a death warrant on my back.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to spend time with my family members.

This.