Soda Free September - anybody with me?

Options

Replies

• lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    okay I am drinking my unsweetened ice tea, but I won't lie and tell you that I don't miss my diet coke, it took a lot of determination this morning to order this tea and not diet coke. Soda free for 12 hours so far!!!!!
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I love me some Coke, not diet Coke but regular Coke!:embarassed: I drankmy last one this morning, since it was the last 20oz bottle I had at the house. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this....
  • cmalas80
    Options
    So far, so good for me as well. Was tough at lunch time to not order soda as that is usually when I have my first soda of the day. Tea sweetened with Splenda is actually pretty tasty though! Just day 1 of a long journey, but looking forward to conquering this challenge!
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Day 1 and it was a tough morning. I was up late last night and my first instinct would be to grab an energy drink and then a diet Dr pepper for later. I came to work and had a coffee instead. on my 3rd cup of water. Good luck everyone.
  • blitzattack72
    Options
    Sounds good - I don't drink soda to often but it's time I stop completely.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I cannot say I will be 100% not drinking any but I will be in for the overwhelming majority. I dont want to "not be allowed" but I havent had one in almost 2 weeks... SCORE!
  • wutamunkee
    Options
    I am soda free all year long! I didn't enjoy giving up my soda, but my doctor had me do it years ago. If it doesn't' help my goal, it hurts my goal. Water might be boring but it is best for me! Cheaper, too! Okay, I have maybe 3 - 4 a year!

GREAT JOB!
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done! No soda! Yeah!!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Day 1 done! No soda! Yeah!!
  • wutamunkee
    Options
    I have been off about 2 weeks... and I stayed up half the night.... I had a soda in my hand this morning, but I put it back, for yall! I made me a black (with sweet n low) coffee and I am set... I needed a caffeine fix... but a soda addict shouldnt have soda!

Thanks guys!! <3
  • iansschneider
    Options
    Count me in...not only will I promise no Soda for September, but I will add, black teas as well. Time to get off the caffeine cycle.....Starbucks makes great green teas iced or hot!
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Day one of my no soda challenge complete, however it was almost delayed. In Canada we get cranberry gingerale usually every fall until Christmas and than it's gone. Last yr we didn't get it at all (or at least I couldn't find it) and what do I find when I get to safeway last night? my beloved cranberry gingerale. urgh. I didn't buy any though so that was a small victory.
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who had a successful Day One! I made it through without too much trouble only because my workday was super busy and I didn't have time to think about how much I was craving a soda. Still on track for today - so far so good!

Here's to a great Day Two people!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Made it another day! Yeah! 2 days down, 29+ to go.
  • NHLove88
    NHLove88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm so in, I usually drink a can a day... (diet pepsi or coke zero). I haven't had one in 2 days though, so far so good.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i haven't had soda for almost a week now! I have been drinking tea, and had a powerade zero today, but mostly just tea tea tea water and some more tea
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I should join this, for sure! [:
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and the start of the holiday weekend! I feel like I've been drinking TONS of water to replace my usual soda intake!

Good luck to everyone over the weekend and keep up the good work!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Day 3 over! I think this officially the logest I've gone without soda in the last 15 years. That's pretty bad!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Day 5 and still holding up! I must admit that I did want one today (mostly because my wife was drinking one) but resisted the urge.

Hope you all are doing good!