Peeks through the door and says hello

Options
Hello there,

I've been using this website on and off for a number of years, and had success, but weight has gone up and down. Now I'm determined to get it off and keep it off, and the fact that I work away half the week makes it more challenging, so I thought I'd see if garnering some support from you guys helps keep me going.

I had some hypnosis earlier in the year to help me crack some really nasty eating habits, and it worked wonderfully, and helped me squeeze in to jeans I hadn't worn for years, which was great. But I've put some weight back on now I have a new job and realise that although the nasty habits are gone, I still need to watch what I eat, and monitor my weight to get things under control.

So this is hello, I'm dilligently recording my weight, food etc, and keeping a regular blog as a way of talking to someone other than myself about how I'm doing.

onevision

Replies

• nurse109
    Options
    Hello, glad you are here and motivated to keep healthy!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! It sounds like you're on the right track.
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    Hey welcome :)
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear from you .I have been an on again off again all summer and like you I have to get to working this the way I was in the beginning.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    feel free to add me:)
    good luck!
  • onevision
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. Nice to know I can come here for some motivation!
  • Tnl1908
    Tnl1908 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello to my Fellow MFP'rs

I have been on here since May 27th and I LOVE IT!!! I have also tried WW (and it worked well) but then I wasn't utiilizing it like I should have been (especially when paying a monthly fee). Then I heard about MFP and decided to check it out and I must honestly say that I LOVE IT!!! Besides the fact thats its FREE I just like that it has a wealth of food options in the database and confimrations from several memnbers confirming nutritional data helps as well!

I was wondeirng however if theres a section on here where you can look up recipes for healthy food and what not? If not that would be a GREAT addition to the site as I like to try out new foods/recipes and what not. Welp, I know my first intro post was well overdue but I finally did it!

Best to All you MFP'rs out there!!

~T
  • onevision
    Options
    Hi there,

Thought I'd report back and say that since I signed in and said hello, I've lost 5kgs, I'm feeling good and a lot of that is the constant encouragement from seeing people logging on, losing weight and generally succeeding. Associating with success is so motivating so this place is having a huge impact on me.

And even though I plan to lose another 13kgs, it just doesn't seem to be such a big deal when I see people getting closer to their goals here every day.

OV
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Wecome to MFP, and good luck with your weight loss journey!!!