Morning Routines

2»

Replies

• laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    My husband unfortunately sets two alarms. One 40 minutes before he needs to get up and then hits snooze every 9 mins for approximately 30 minutes in total. After hearing the stupid thing go off at least 3 times in a row, I wake up hours before I actually need to.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    My husband unfortunately sets two alarms. One 40 minutes before he needs to get up and then hits snooze every 9 mins for approximately 30 minutes in total. After hearing the stupid thing go off at least 3 times in a row, I wake up hours before I actually need to.

My husband snores so loudly I have to wear ear plugs, so I can avoid this scenario. He sets two alarms and sometimes will sleep through and reset both of them, so I might be hearing it 4 times between 5 - 5:30AM. Ear plugs for the win, I guess.

You just made me realize there was an upside to having to wear them. :lol:
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member

My husband snores so loudly I have to wear ear plugs, so I can avoid this scenario. He sets two alarms and sometimes will sleep through and reset both of them, so I might be hearing it 4 times between 5 - 5:30AM. Ear plugs for the win, I guess.

At least you have husbands. I could use any kind of company right now.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

At least you have husbands. I could use any kind of company right now.

Yeah, I won't complain. He's alright aside from the snoring. :lol:
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Have to wake up 2-3 hrs before I have to leave the house to commute, depending on what I'm doing (work, interview, appt), which requires 3 alarms set in different rooms at 30-min intervals... that's an additional 1-1/2 hrs before the 2-3 required to get ready to leave.

I often don't recall hearing the 1st 2 alarms. Don't drink or drug... just never been an easy/early riser... my dad & 1 brother were the same. My mum used to begin waking my dad at 3:30am so he'd get up by 5:30am. Being a very light sleeper & having horribly violent dreams every single night are the culprits for me, imho. I usually wake up in REM sleep, which is maddening, cuz I don't know if I'm dreaming or awake.

Once up, I set alarms for every hour so I can move it along. I've fallen asleep eating b'kfast or standing up, including in the shower.

Do everything the night before... wash hair & take shower, make b'kfast/lunch, set out ALL clothing including shoes, as I cannot function/think in the morning.

2 double espressos... set up the night before. I cannot figure out how to make coffee in the am.

After a 3-min wake-me-up hot shower & once ready for makeup, I'm functioning but in a daze. I cannot physically speak in the morning... it's more an incoherent mumble & I cannot figure out what someone's asking or what I'm saying. I move at frantic pace because I'm either always late or feeling as if I'm going to be, so I regularly bang into walls or trip on rugs. If I switch the order I do something, I'm frantic & afraid I'll forget something... & usually do... like brushing teeth. So, I always carry brush/paste with me.

I despise being up in the morning. In the few, unpleasant times I've lived with others, I feel enraged by noise... voices, TV, radio, blenders. In a few hrs, I'll be sunny, happy & considerate. Until then, please for the love of Jayzuz, stay away from me & don't bother me, or I won't remember what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, where I'm going or in which order things need to be done.

OTOH, once up, I can work 24-hrs or longer. Don't prefer it, but have done it.

With our current quarantine, I wake up when I feel like it, sans alarms... however, I still have horrible dreams every night & feel stupid for hours 'til I'm out of my mental fog.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Have to wake up 2-3 hrs before I have to leave the house to commute, depending on what I'm doing (work, interview, appt), which requires 3 alarms set in different rooms at 30-min intervals... that's an additional 1-1/2 hrs before the 2-3 required to get ready to leave.

I often don't recall hearing the 1st 2 alarms. Don't drink or drug... just never been an easy/early riser... my dad & 1 brother were the same. My mum used to begin waking my dad at 3:30am so he'd get up by 5:30am. Being a very light sleeper & having horribly violent dreams every single night are the culprits for me, imho. I usually wake up in REM sleep, which is maddening, cuz I don't know if I'm dreaming or awake.

Once up, I set alarms for every hour so I can move it along. I've fallen asleep eating b'kfast or standing up, including in the shower.

Do everything the night before... wash hair & take shower, make b'kfast/lunch, set out ALL clothing including shoes, as I cannot function/think in the morning.

2 double espressos... set up the night before. I cannot figure out how to make coffee in the am.

After a 3-min wake-me-up hot shower & once ready for makeup, I'm functioning but in a daze. I cannot physically speak in the morning... it's more an incoherent mumble & I cannot figure out what someone's asking or what I'm saying. I move at frantic pace because I'm either always late or feeling as if I'm going to be, so I regularly bang into walls or trip on rugs. If I switch the order I do something, I'm frantic & afraid I'll forget something... & usually do... like brushing teeth. So, I always carry brush/paste with me.

I despise being up in the morning. In the few, unpleasant times I've lived with others, I feel enraged by noise... voices, TV, radio, blenders. In a few hrs, I'll be sunny, happy & considerate. Until then, please for the love of Jayzuz, stay away from me & don't bother me, or I won't remember what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, where I'm going or in which order things need to be done.

OTOH, once up, I can work 24-hrs or longer. Don't prefer it, but have done it.

With our current quarantine, I wake up when I feel like it, sans alarms... however, I still have horrible dreams every night & feel stupid for hours 'til I'm out of my mental fog.

ugh! sorry to hear this! I was awake last night 2 am trying to figure out what to do.

anyways, i try really hard to change my morning routine as much as possible. I usually get up between 630-7ish. But when the sun is up earlier i tend to be up earlier. I brush my teeth shower and do my back/lower body stretches and then push ups and sit ups to warm my body up. From there, its a free for all until i get to the office.
  • mwrfitboss
    mwrfitboss Posts: 82 Member
    Great thread topic. I have not been working since even before COVID lockdowns were put into place so not a huge change on the mornings but my daily routine has changed a bit. My mornings for the past 3 weeks now look pretty well like this even on weekends. I go to bed about 1215-30am most nights mind you.

rise at 8am, weigh in, coffee, NPR up first podcast, the daily stoic video lesson

9am half hour on spin bike, stretch, cool down

10am shower and change.

1030am make breakfast, eat breakfast, to do list.

11am-2pm write articles for digital mags, print mags, medium, linkedin.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    My morning routine has changed quite a bit since this whole Covid-19 thing started.

I'm actually more lazy.

wait.

Nah.... unpossible.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Wake up
    Say my prayers
    Let the cats out
    Shower
    Kiss the husband
    Make breakfast for my husband and son
    Give the dog a treat
    Go to work
    this is my routine Everyday except the weekend
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    I used to have routines. Now it’s just whatever. I’m calling it self-care though so you can’t judge me.
  • heartattackspecial
    heartattackspecial Posts: 53 Member
    I wake up and aspire to begreat. Have coffee and decide that being mediocre is good enough.