How to count the calories you're burning if there is no calo

Options
Ok so my clubhouse has a gym but (of course) it doesnt really have any up-to-date machines which is fine as long as Im burning calories but I guess they've had problems with people using the machines so none of the displays have batteries so I dont know how many calories I am burning... is there a way I can still use these machines and keep track of the calories I am burning on them or do I have to purchase something that will tell me (if so whats it called? lol) If any one can help, please, please, please do so. I would like to be able to track my calories while working out.

Thanks and have a great night!
Kelly :smile:

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    use the defaults built into MFP or buy a Heart Rate Monitor
  • lanie25
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor---they are great!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitors are great if you want all those bells and whistles. if you are just interested in calories burned you could look into getting a bodybugg.
  • Kellyt120
    Options
    Wow I feel silly now lol. Thanks!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitors are great if you want all those bells and whistles. if you are just interested in calories burned you could look into getting a bodybugg.

lol except that the HRM is a much less expensive piece of machinery, where as the bodybugg is a substantial financial investment. I think maybe you typed in your commentary backwards. ;)
  • NaCheezIt
    NaCheezIt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually really want a bodybugg, but I have a Mio Petite Hrm that I bought on ebay for $30. Works a charm, it's waterproof, and I've had it for 7 months now and haven't changed the batteries yet!
    If you shop around you can get a good deal, but I would stick with some sort of name brand, I've heard bad things about the cheaper generic ones from China!