popcorn issues

Options
So I just popped some popcorn. It was Act II movie theatre butter popcorn. The box says each bag has 2.5 servings, 4 cups to one serving. This means the bag is 10.5 cups. Well I only got 3 cups out of it and ate it all. There were lots of unpopped kernels. Do I get to enter it as the 3 cups which would be like 90 cals or do I enter the whole bag which is like 320 cals? Each 4 cup serving is 130 cals. hmmm

Replies

• Michelle9939
    Options
    There should be 2 sets of calories on the box. 1 for unpopped and 1 for popped. I don't know why they put the calories for unpopped when you don't eat unpopped popcorn.
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If I eat the whole bag, I always log the entire bag, even if some kernals are left unpopped and didn't quite get the serving the box says. I would rather over-log than under-log.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i would say just the three cups...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would use the whole package, unless you weighed the popcorn, a cup measurement isn't going to be accurate.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Air pop, spray butter and select seasonings of your own. Much healthier and just as fast!
  • I would just log 1 serving...even if I didn't actually EAT a whole serving.
  • nikkif87
    Options
    Air pop, spray butter and select seasonings of your own. Much healthier and just as fast!

I tried this but found it hard to get any actual data on how many calories it was after I popped the kernals.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I tried this but found it hard to get any actual data on how many calories it was after I popped the kernals.

The same as before it's popped...if it's just hot air, there isn't anything being added...
  • nikkif87
    Options
    Good deal, thats how I logged it anyway. Thanks!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You can buy the mini bag (1.3 oz) of popcorn. I like to get the kettle corn or light butter. Check the Dollar General Store. Walmart or any other grocery store should sell them as well. The Dollar General Store sell a box of 3 packs for $1.00. Each bag is one serving. The brand is ACT II. 110 calories (popped) 30 calories from fat.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I bought a presto microwave air popper so that I can control how many kernals are put in beforehand. It seems to help a lot , plu syou can control the salt and oil (or butter, if you perfer).

I am getting to a point I don't trust the bags for accuracy
  • jlschuh44
    Options
    Popcorn is one of the few things I allow myself to indulge on. After the kids are down, and we are winding downfor the evening.
    I use the old kettle, oil, butter, and salt. The nine yards. I know....but it's sooo good and it's actually filling. :devil:
  • NaCheezIt
    NaCheezIt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would log just a bit higher than the three cups, but you didn't eat the whole bag, so 10.5 isn't really necessary!
    I really love my air popper, and I normally make my popcorn dry, but my parents add spray butter&salt etc. It's pretty great!