Recruiting members for a fun Weight-Loss competition! 😊

Options
terrordawg
terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
edited March 2020 in Motivation and Support
Hey all! After a few weeks indoors and essentially living on the couch, I’ve decided I want to get back into a healthy routine.

With all this craziness going on, and being forced to isolate, likely for months, now is a perfect time to focus on ourselves and getting healthy at home.

That being said, STARTING TODAY, I’m challenging all who are interested to a weight-loss competition.

I have a spreadsheet made to keep track of our progress and am creating a group so we can support and challenge each other.

The competition will run from today, Monday, March 30th, to Friday, July 3rd.

All you need is a scale, and a bit of determination!

Weigh-ins will be every Monday and Friday (Friday optional, but recommended!) and your weight will remain confidential.

We will celebrate winners on the last weigh-in day of each month, based on pounds and % lost, and an overall winner at the end of the competition!

I’ve done challenges like these in the past, and they’re always fun and motivating 😊

Comment below if you’re interested, and I’ll send you more details! If you happen to come across this post a day or two late, no worries, comment here anyway!

Hope everyone is staying healthy and happy 💕

Replies

• globalplanter
    globalplanter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm In!
  • terrordawg
    Options
    @globalplanter Just sent you a friend request! Will message you more details soon!
  • nasr25
    nasr25 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • terrordawg
    Options
    @nasr25 Just sent you a friend request as well! Will send more details once you accept 😊
  • Ahgolds1234
    Ahgolds1234 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • JoeyTheWanderer
    JoeyTheWanderer Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sound's interesting... Does it have to be by the scale though? I am building muscle on top of loosing weight. I would prefer inches/belt notches so that muscle weight doesn't confuse me. I will use the scale if that's my only option.
  • terrordawg
    Options
    @hokeapril1234 and @JoeyTheWanderer , just sent you both friend requests!
  • terrordawg
    Options
    @JoeyTheWanderer We’re definitely gonna celebrate all kinds of successes within the group, but the competition itself will be based on pounds and % lost! PM me if you’re still interested!
  • aliciawb130
    aliciawb130 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I’m in
  • edamamewebber
    edamamewebber Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tag me in too!
  • terrordawg
    Options
    @aliciawb130 and @edamamewebber , check your friend requests, and I’ll let ya know how to get started!
  • terrordawg
    Options
    I’m happy to see that the weight-loss group/challenge I created yesterday is filling up fast, but so far, it’s just me and a bunch of guys 😂

Would love to get more ladies on board! If you, or anyone you know is interested, let me know! Details are at the top of this thread, and the URL for the group is:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/136348-stay-at-home-weight-loss-challenge

Check it out and let me know 😊
  • Justinrw86
    Justinrw86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »
    Hey all! After a few weeks indoors and essentially living on the couch, I’ve decided I want to get back into a healthy routine.

With all this craziness going on, and being forced to isolate, likely for months, now is a perfect time to focus on ourselves and getting healthy at home.

That being said, STARTING TODAY, I’m challenging all who are interested to a weight-loss competition.

I have a spreadsheet made to keep track of our progress and am creating a group so we can support and challenge each other.

Weigh-ins will be every Monday and Friday (Friday optional, but recommended!) and your weight will remain confidential.

We will celebrate winners on the last weigh-in day of each month, based on pounds and % lost, and an overall winner at the end of the competition!

I’ve done challenges like these in the past, and they’re always fun and motivating 😊

Comment below if you’re interested, and I’ll send you more details! If you happen to come across this post a day or two late, no worries, comment here anyway!

Too late to get in on this?
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in if it's still okay 🙂
  • terrordawg
    Options
    @Justinrw86 and @RoseyandReady , just sent you both friend requests! Accept, and I’ll send you more details! 😊
  • aliciawb130
    aliciawb130 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you for setting this competition up!
  • terrordawg
    Options
    Alright, we’ve got plenty of competitors now, so just letting you all know that the group is now FULL, and I won’t be accepting any more applicants!

Thanks to all who joined! I think this will be a lot of fun! 😁

Feel free to send me a friend request if you’d like to stay informed of future challenges, or if you’d just like a friend for motivation and support! 😊
  • Yariii_
    Yariii_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I’m interested!
  • Just_HT
    Just_HT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m interested
  • candacepw
    candacepw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m interested too!!!